How to Recover Deleted Videos from PC/Laptop
"Can anyone recommend me a deleted video recovery software for PC or let me know how to restore deleted videos on PC? The other day, my son just deleted the whole folder of videos on my computer while he played them. they are family films I need to recover deleted video from computer urgently."
David is not the only one who needs to get videos back. Have you ever lost the video files on your PC or other drives but don't know how to find deleted videos? There are many reasons cause the films deletion:
- You delete some videos by right-clicking the menu or just pressing the "Delete" button accidentally.
- The video was lost due to using the "Shift + Delete" keys to delete it.
- You empty the recycle bin after deleting the videos.
- Unexpectedly formatting the drive, causing video loss.
- While transferring videos from an external device to the computer, the computer crashed or due to some error, it failed to transfer all videos and lost some videos.
- Your security software checked out some of the videos had infected viruses, automatically deleting the videos, and other reasons...
In fact, whether you have deleted the videos on PC accidentally or intentionally, you can find the video files on PC/laptop. If you are timely and use the correct method. Here in the following, the 2 most widely used ways to recover deleted videos on PC are covered. Try the way that’s right for you.
- Quick Navigation
- Method #1. How to Restore Videos from the Computer Recycle Bin
- Method #2. How to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos from PC
Method #1. How to Restore Videos from the Computer Recycle Bin
Almost all Windows PC users should know that if they delete the videos manually, all the videos will be put into the recycle bin. It is the place for people to put the unwanted files. You can find deleted videos from recycle bin: Go to the Recycle Bin to check if the deleted videos are still there. If there are multiple files there, you can try to search for the names of videos respectively. When finding a target files, select it and click "Restore the selected items" to get video files.
This way works only when you can find the deleted videos in recycle bin. If you have already emptied the recycle bin or deleted the video files by using the Shift + Delete on PC, then please try the below way for how to retrieve permanently deleted videos on computer.
If you upgrade to the latest Windows 11, then you can also use the new "Undo delete" function to retrieve the video you just deleted
How to Find Deleted Videos in Windows 11 PC
- Make sure the folder/drive where you accidentally deleted the video is the focus
- Right-click and select "Undo delete" from the menu
If you don't restart your computer or perform other operations, the disappeared video will come back again.
How to Recover Permanently Deleted Videos from PC
As I have mentioned above, if you can’t see the deleted videos on your computer, then how can you recover deleted videos from Mac or Windows PC. However, you can’t seem them doesn’t mean they are not on your computer at all. By default, all deleted videos are marked as useless files and hidden on PC, waiting to be overwritten by new data. In this case, you need a professional deleted video recovery PC tool. And the sooner the better. If you can’t restore deleted videos on PC at the first place, then they might disappear permanently.
What kind of tools are needed to get videos back on PC?
- First, please ensure it fully supports the format of videos you want to find.
- Second, make sure it is fully compatible with your Windows OS. Otherwise, you can’t install it at all.
- Third, it’s a best and simple recover deleted video PC utility if you can use it without any problem or require you no computer techniques.
You can find such kind of program for recovering deleted videos on the internet and iBeesoft Data Recovery is one of them you can fully depend on. It supports multiple video formats and is compatible with all the Windows or Mac OS X operating systems. The data recovery tool is built to recover permanently deleted files from PC, Laptop, or other removable storage media. And it is one of the simplest video recovery tools, letting you get back video, photo, audio, document, archive, and other files.
Your Safe & Effective Deleted Video Recovery PC Software
- It supports videos in multiple formats, including AVI, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, MKV, ASF, FLV, SWF, MPG, RM/RMVB, MPEG, etc.
- Supports to recover deleted files after shift + delete, emptying recycle bin, formatting drives, virus attack and more.
- The interface is simple and clean. Even the most inexperienced user can use the video recovery program to easily and completely recover deleted videos from memory card, hard disk, USB drive, digital camera etc.
How to Recover Deleted Videos from Computer
- Download the video recovery software on your computer
- Click "go to setting" to cancel other file types
- Select a drive to extract deleted films
- Select the target file and click the "Preview" button on the right panel to check it
- Select the video files you need to save
These are easy steps to help you find videos on PC/Laptop. First, please download the iBeesoft data recovery software for Mac or Windows on your computer. Double-click the .exe/.dmg file to install it on your computer. Launch this program.
All drives on your computer will be displayed in this window. You need to select the one where you have deleted the video files and click "Scan", letting the deleted video recovery PC software scan the drive for the lost files. If you’re recovering video files from an external disk, please connect the it to the computer.
It will only take a few minutes for the deleted video recovery software to finish the scanning process. After then, you can see all the found video files are displayed in the window. You can preview them.
When finding the target files, select them and click "Recover" to save.