Backing up a PC is the most important thing, which many people do not often do. Many think it as a cumbersome or tedious process. But, when the need arises, one does not possess the backup file to restore a computer to normalcy. Windows 10 backup to network drive is the smartest move by any person to ensure that their data is safe. The following are the different reasons why it is advantageous to choose a network drive over the other options:
1. Reliability: it a simple procedure to initiate an automated and scheduled Windows 10 network backup. One can also select manual backup. As the files transfer over the internet, it is a quick process to retrieve them quickly with ease.
2. Simple setup: backing a computer seems a daunting task. However, it is a simple setup when opting for a network drive. With the assistance of an IT professional or backup software, one can quickly schedule the backup. It gives peace, as one knows that their data is receiving complete protection, backed up daily, and up-to-date.
3. Workload reduction: manually backup windows 10 to external hard drive is a time-consuming process. After setting the network backup, one does not require any more attention, as it is an automated process. It saves time and energy.
4. High security: as one is storing the data on a network, it arrives with high security and in a remote location. The backup uses encryption tools at both hardware and software levels. One can shed away their worry about data theft and its physical location.
5. Saves a fortune: any individual repeatedly invests in several components that are necessary for a manual backup. However, the cost increases with the involvement of computers, hard disks, and the total data. A better way to reduce cost and save the use of gadgets is by choosing a network drive to backup Windows 10.
There are two different ways through which it is possible to backup Windows 10 to a network drive – using the built-in tools provided by Microsoft and iBeesoft Dbackup software.
The following steps are helpful in taking Windows 10 network backup with ease:
1. Type in "setting" the search bar, Select the application and open it. From the window choose "Update and Security".
2.Press "Backup", and click "Go to Backup and Restore (Windows 7)".
3. In the next screen click "setup backup" to Windows 10 backup to network drive.
4. From the next screen press on the "Save on a network" button to select a drive back up Windows 10.
5. Click "Browse" to locate the backup drive on the network. Then 7.Enter the username and password under the network credentials. Press "OK when complete".
6. Select the necessary drive from the list and press "Next".
7. From the next window choose either custom setup or automatic procedure and press "Next" to Windows 10 home network backup.
8. Choose the "Save settings and run backup" option to start the Windows 10 network backup.
Windows 10 home network backup is not possible using the above steps, as Microsoft included the built-in feature only for the Professional edition. Those who are not using the professional version must use the iBeesoft DBackup software.
iBeesoft DBackup is a professional program created for users to backup files, partitions, hard drives, or only system backup. The Windows 10 backup file tool can help to restore a computer to the needed point when there is a problem with the hard drive such as corruption of sectors, virus attacks, and improper handling of the hard drive.
A computer operating system is the most important thing. If the computer crashes, then one must install it again and make the necessary configurations right from the beginning. However, if there is a backup, then it is a simple procedure to restore it that particular point.
The following are the steps helpful for users to create Windows 10 home backup to a network drive in a simple way:
1. Establish a connection between an external hard drive and the computer to save the system backup file. If not, choose a different partition in the existing hard disk on the computer. Download and launch the Windows 10 backup software and click "System Backup" from the main window.
2. In the next screen, iBeesoft DBackup will show the partitions of the disk along with the system partition. From the window, setting the path of the backup is possible. Additionally, one can create the file name of the backup and whether to setup the backup as automatic or not. The system backup software also provides the chance to create a sector-by-sector backup that is time taking process. After editing the parameters, clicking the "Start" button will begin the Windows 10 backup to network drive process.
Microsoft is providing the opportunity to create Windows 10 backup to network drive using the built-in features. However, it is available only for the Professional edition of the software. For instance, a person using the Home version does not have a built-in feature and must look elsewhere or opt for third-party software.
iBeesoft DBackup, on the other hand, is a simple solution to create a backup of files and system. One can store the system backup to a USB, an external hard drive, or a partition within the existing hard disk. It provides numerous options to the user, making it feasible to pick the right choice according to the need.
The significant differences between the two backup utility tools are how they are available to the user and how user-friendly they are? As we have seen from the explanation above, the built-in feature is available only in Windows 10 Pro. Therefore, only a handful of people possess the possibility to create a full system backup of Windows 10. When it comes to iBeesoft, a user running any version of the Windows 10 operating system possesses the chance to create system backup and store it on any device or network drive.
iBeesoft DBackup further gives the possibility to alter the preferences according to the need, making it customizable for the user. The restoration process is simple and helps one to reload the computer to a particular restore point with ease.