How to Clone Raspberry Pi SD card in Windows 11/10/7/8
Why need to clone Raspberry Pi SD card? You must have experienced that everything just has gone and you have to start from scratch. It’s really painful. Raspberry Pis can be fickle. And you never want to start it again, right? Don’t worry, here in the following, we’re going to talk about how to do Raspberry Pi backup SD card while running. It’s really easy and simple to Raspberry Pi SD card clone.
What can you get by cloning Raspberry Pi SD card?
First and for the most, to avoid accidents that prevent you from accessing to your Raspberry Pi SD card when it crashed, or some incidents happened. keep the data safe. And it never occupies too much space of your SD card since the backup file is an image file.
Second, make it easier for you to transfer the Raspberry Pi SD card to another one while keeping everything unchanged.
How to Clone Raspberry Pi SD Card in Windows - 2 Ways
Actually, there are basically 2 simple ways to clone Raspberry Pi SD card. You can choose the one that’s right for you.
#1. Clone Raspberry Pi SD card with iBeesoft Dbackup
iBeesoft Dbackup allows you simple backup and clone Raspberry Pi SD card with simple steps. It’s the ways to clone Raspberry Pi SD card without Win32 Disk Imager. The software is powerful but friendly to users, giving users the full clone and restore solution in Windows 11/10/7/8/Vista/XP:
Your Safe & Reliable SD Card Clone Software
- 1 click to reate a driver image for the clone/backup Raspberry Pi SD card with the Drive Backup feature
- It has multiple backup modes, letting users customize backup types, location, and schedule backup, making it clone hard drive, SD card, USB drive as you want in scheduled time.
- Standalone backup, letting users even select files, folders, or volumes to backup without terminate the current operations. It can clone raspberry pi backup SD card while running.
Here are the simple steps for how to clone Raspberry Pi SD card with iBeesoft Dbackup. First, download and install the Raspberry Pi SD card clone software. It’s virus free. It’s fully compatible with Windows PCs.
- Connect your Raspberry Pi SD card with your computer, making sure it is recognize by your computer.
- Launch iBeesoft Dbackup software. From the main window, select "Drive Backup" to start clone Raspberry Pi SD card.
- In the next window, select the Letter that stands for your Raspberry Pi SD card and click "Start". Before doing the Raspberry Pi SD card backup, you can customize the backup in the same window, like the location of the backup file, backup name, whether to enable the automatic backup or not. It will take a few minutes for a backup to complete.
#2. Clone Raspberry Pi SD card with Win32 Disk Imager
- Download and install the latest version of Win 32 Disk Imager. Please connect your SD card to Windows PC and Launch Win 32 Disk Imager, click the blue folder icon to set up the location where you’re going to save the the Raspberry Pi SD card backup file.
- Choose your Raspberry Pi SD card from the "Device" drop-down list, it means you’re going to clone the Raspberry Pi SD card. Next, click the "Read" button. It will read the SD card’s data, turns it into an image, and saves that image at the specified location in step 3. It will take longer if your Raspberry Pi SD card is large.