How to Delete/Remove Duplicate JPG Files
There might be hundreds or thousands of JPG/JPEG files on your camera SD card or computer. To manage them well, you must learn how to delete duplicate JPG files. There are 2 ways available for you to remove duplicate JPG files. One way is making use of iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder, a professional tool specially designed for users to delete duplicate JPG files quickly and intelligently. Another way is deleting duplicate JPG files manually. In this way, it takes time and patience to learn the details and you need to know some computer techniques.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate JPG Files Quickly and Efficiently
- Part 2. How to Remove Duplicate JPG Files Manually
Part 1. How to Delete Duplicate JPG Files Quickly and Efficiently
After you read the manual way mentioned in part 2, you will know how hard it is to delete duplicate JPEG files manually on the computer. And it requires computer techniques. It takes hours if you try to preview JPG files one by one and filter the duplicate ones. Actually, you don’t have to do it at all. Use iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder and it takes you less than 2 minutes, and everything is done and done.
Delete Duplicate JPG Files Quickly with iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder
The best duplicate photo deleter is specially designed for users to remove duplicates files. Here are some of its salient features.
Your Effective Remove Duplicate JPG File Software
- It detects and removes similar images on the computer, USB flash drives, external hard drives, and more.
- The best duplicate photo remover free is developed with the most advanced technology to detect duplicate files either in names or content.
- Intelligently selects duplicates and 1 click to delete the whole duplicate JPG files.
- Target duplicate JPG files by adding filters.
Download iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder from the DOWNLOAD button below, and it only takes you 3 simple steps to delete duplicate JPG files.
Step 1. Launch the best duplicate photo cleaner on your computer. It’s fully compatible with Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8, and other Windows OS. Feel free to use it and there is no virus at all. If you’re going to delete duplicate JPG files on an external hard drive, you need to plug the external hard drive with your computer first.
Step 2. In the first window of the software, you can drag and drop the folder to the window or click "+" to locate the destination. In the same window, you can add or filter types and set up file size to scan. Click "Add/Filter Types" or "Set File Size Limit" to do it. Click "Scan" to continue the scanning process.
Step 3. Wait a few seconds for the whole scanning process to finish. After then, you can see the found duplicate JPG files. On the right side, you can click the preview icon to preview the files. By default, duplicate files are selected. If there is no problem, click "Remove" to remove duplicate JPEG files.
See, it takes less than 2 minutes for you to delete duplicate JPG files with iBeesoft Duplicate File Finder. Try the trial version to delete some duplicate JPG files for free.
Part 2. How to Remove Duplicate JPG Files Manually
Please note that this way is not 100% accurate to delete duplicate JPG files. It involves some risk of deleting import JPG files. To manually remove duplicate JPG files, first, you need to make sure the Drive Indexing is switched ON.
1. Press the Windows button and X key > Search > type "Indexing options" in the search box.
2. Click Settings > open the keyword from search results > open Indexing Options > Modify.
3. Click Show all locations > in Change selected locations windows ensure all drives are checked > click OK.
Next, search and delete duplicate images by following the steps below.
1. In File Explorer, click to open a drive on which you’re going to delete duplicate JPG images.
2. Press the F3 key to enable the Search option. Type in the file extension ".jpg" int the right corner and you can see the search result.
3. Press Ctrl + F1 to expand the tools menu > click View.
4. In "Panes", click "Preview Pane" and "Group by" in "Current view" > select "Name" and "Ascending" from the Group by drop-down list.
5. In the Layout category, click "Details".
6. Now you can see the search results with files, including name, date modified, type, size, and parent folder. Preview the duplicate images and select the unwanted ones. Press the Click button to delete them all.