How to Recover Shift Deleted Files in Windows 7/8/10/11 in 4 Ways 
"Is there any way to do Windows 11 shift delete recovery? I selected the wrong file and shift delete it. I can’t find it in recycle bin. Please help!"
Shift delete files is a common way for people to delete files. It’s easy, simple, and efficient. Just select files, hold down Shift and Delete, then the files are gone. And it never requires you to empty the recycle bin as well since the deleted files are not send to recycle bin at all. However, what if you need to undelete shift delete in Windows? There is nowhere you can see the shift deleted files visually, let alone recover shift delete files in in Windows 7/8/10/11. Don’t worry, learn how to do shift delete file recovery with/without software
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Restore Deleted Files after Shift Delete with File History
- Part 2. How to Recover Shift Deleted Files in Windows 7/8/10/11 with Previous Versions
- Part 3. How to do Windows Shift Delete Recovery with Backup Files
- Part 4. How to Undelete Shift Delete Files with Software (Fully Recommended)
- Part 5. Tips for Shift Delete You Must Know (Shift Delete Vs Delete, Prevent Data Loss)
No matter what kind of file you shift deleted, you want to do shift delete video recovery, documents recovery, photo recovery, how to restore a shift deleted folder, etc. you must stop using your computer right away. Any further operation on the computer might cause data loss. After then, follow the ways below to retrieve shift deleted files until you successfully recovered the files.
Part 1. How to Restore Deleted Files after Shift Delete with File History
Though you have shift deleted files, it seems the files disappeared, if you have turn on the File History feature, then you can do the shift delete recovery in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7 easily.
- Clilk the "Search" icon and type the "control panel" to open it.
- Navigate to "System and Security" > "File History" > "Restore personal files"
- Locate the folder where the deleted files were stored.
- Click on the "Restore" button to get the files back in their original location.
Note: If you can’t see any folders, that’s probably because you have turned off the File History. In case of future data loss, you should turn on the File History.
- Go to Control Panel > System and Security > File History.
- Click to open File History options, after then, you need to switch the button to ON.
Part 2. How to Recover Shift Deleted Files in Windows 7/8/10/11 with Previous Versions
The previous versions feature is available for Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11. You can try your luck to do shift delete recovery. It allows you to retrieve previous versions of all files and folders on your PC. Follow these instructions to restore shift deleted files in Windows 11:
- Find the folder/drive where the deleted file is saved.
- Right-clicking on it and selecting the "Restore Previous Versions" option.
- Choose a version and click on the "Restore" option to retrieve your files back.
If there are no files, it will read like, "There are no previous versions available".
Part 3. How to do Windows Shift Delete Recovery with Backup Files
What’s the purpose of backing up files? It’s for data recovery/restore, right? You can use it to solve the question of how to retrieve deleted files in windows 7 after shift delete, so does on Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows 11 as well. Here is another way to do sift delete file recovery without software. Needless to say, this method works only for users who have turned Windows backup on. Here’s how to get back deleted photos after shift delete from backup. If you haven’t had any backup, go to part 4 to recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11, 10, and more.
for Windows 11
- Go to "Settings" > "System" > "Recovery". Then, click "Restart now".
- When your Windows 11 finishes restarting, you will see the "Advanced startup" page.
- At this time, please choose "System Restore" or "System Image Recovery" according to your own backup situation.
- Finally, follow the wizard to complete the shift file recovery in Windows 11.
for other Windows
- To commence the process, go to "Control Panel" > "System and Maintenance" > "Select Backup and Restore". Tap on "Restore my files".
- Tap "Browse for files" to choose the previously created backup.
- Navigate a destination to save the backup. If there is a conflict, select "Copy and Replace", "Don't copy" or "Copy, but keep both files" as you want.
- Let the restore shift deleted files process to finish. In a while, all shift deleted files that were permanently deleted will become visible on your PC at the selected location.
Part 4. How to Undelete Shift Delete Files with Software
If all the above-listed methods failed to recover shift delete files on Windows, then you need professional shift delete recovery software for help. It will scan your PC, looking for the shift delete files, letting you find them selectively.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is a great option for shift delete file recovery Windows for the reasons below.
Your Best Software for Recover Shift Deleted Files on Windows 11/10/8/7/XP
- Get back almost all file types used daily, displaying all the recoverable files for you.
- Works greatly to restore files deleted by shift delete in Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, and Windows 7. There is no incompatibility issue at all.
- It can also recover files deleted during cut and paste in Windows PC.
- 100 safe to use and preview all recoverable files before go forward.
Guide for How to Recover a Shift Deleted Folder/File in Windows 7/8/10/11
- Download the best sift delete file recovery software
- Launch it on your Windows PC.
- Select the location to scan for deleted files and click on the "Scan" button.
- Once the scanning process is completed, preview the recoverable files
- Choose the files that you want to get back and click on the "Recover" button to save them.
Part 5. Tips for Shift Delete You Must Know (Shift Delete Vs Delete, Prevent Data Loss)
Shift Delete Vs Delete
- Normal delete: if you delete files just by pressing the "Delete" button or the Delete option in right-click menu, the deleted files or folder will be moved to recycle bin automatically. And they will be kept intact for a long time unless the recycle bin is emptied. Thus, you can find deleted files from recycle bin.
- Shift + delete: if the files are deleted by using the "Shift + Delete" command, you can't find them anywhere on the computer. That is to say, they are deleted permanently. You can use previous versions, file history, backup files, trying to do shift delete recovery without software. If failed, use iBeesoft Data Recovery as soon as possible, preventing data lost permanently.
How to Prevent Data Loss?
- Don’t use Shift Delete regularly. It is used to delete files you’re 100% sure they’re useless. For daily use, Delete is ok. It gives you the option to restore from recycle bin.
- Back Files. If you’re not sure whether the files you will need or not, back up them to an external hard drive. There are many options for you to do backup, like Windows File History, Windows backup, as well as cloud services. You can even schedule backup with iBeesoft Dbackup to backup hard drives, folders, and selected files.