The system restore point is a feature present in the Windows operating system. The feature helps a user to revert their computer to a previous point in time. In simple words, you can go back to the past. If you have lost the restore points, you can recover deleted restore points Windows 10 in six different ways.
As a default, the system restore feature in Windows 10 is set to off. It is essential to turn it on to recover previously stored points. The following steps help enable the feature and help you learn how to recover lost restore points in Windows 10:
1. Type "System" in the search box bar near the Windows symbol. Choose "System Protection" from the system properties window.
2. Select a partition or drive from your computer and click "Configure" to turn on the system protection.
3. Press "Turn on System Protection" from the Restore Settings tab and click "OK" to exit the window.
If the disk space usage is set to a minimum, then the operating system fails to create restore points. In such events, you must increase the space. The following steps help you learn how to recover deleted restore points Windows 10:
1. Enter "System" in the search bar. Choose "System Protection" tab.
2. Select a drive from the window and press "configure".
3. In the new pop-up screen, drag the slider under the "Disk Space Usage" to increase the maximum limit. Click "Apply" and close the window.
How do I recover lost system restore points Windows 10? If that is your question, you can enable the "Volume Shadow Copy" service to create a backup of applications and data. You can use it to recover system restore points using the following steps:
1. Open the "Run" command using "Windows + R" keys together. In the dialogue box that appears, input "services.msc" to open the Service Utility.
2. Scroll down the window that appears on the screen until you find the "Volume Shadow Copy" function. Right-click the service and select "Start" to recover deleted restore points in Windows 10.
3. You can check whether the error of restoring points is missing is still occurring after creating a restoration point.
Recover deleted restore points Windows 10 after checking for corrupted file systems on the computer. The following is the procedure that you can follow to do the same:
1. Input "Command Prompt" in the search box and press "Enter". Once the command prompt screen appears, input the following command: DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Note: please note the spaces after "/".
2. Let the command run.
3. After the process is complete, input "sfc/scannow" and press "Enter".
If there are corrupted file systems present on the hard drive, it will display the same. Due to this, you will be unable to access the restore points in Windows 10.
Learn how to recover lost restore points in Windows 10 by entering safe mode. The steps are as follows:
1. You have to restart the system. However, before proceeding, ensure to close all the open applications. Press the "Shift" key before your computer enters the Windows login page.
2. From the window, choose "Troubleshoot" and select "Advanced options".
3. You can now choose "Startup Setting" and head to the "Restart" feature to select the "Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt" option.
4. Once the command prompt window appears, input "rstrui.exe" and click the "Enter" button.
5. You will see the available restore points after clicking the "Next" button. You can pick one from any one of the restored points and choose the "Next" key available at the window's bottom to restore the system to that point.
6. In the following screen, you will be confirming the restoration process. Click the "Finish" button to initiate the restoration process.
Learn how to recover deleted restore points Windows 10 by changing the triggering properties of the system restore functionality. Follow the steps below:
1. Input "Task Scheduler" in the Windows search bar and press "Enter".
2. Try expanding the "Task Scheduler" library and search for "Microsoft". From the dropdown list, pick "Windows" and choose "SystemRestore".
3. From the top pane, choose the SR option. On the main interface of the options window, choose the "Trigger" tab. Here, you can alter the existing triggering properties. You can edit or create a new task.
4. After editing or creating a new task, choose the "Conditions" tab from the interface window. Uncheck the feature "Start the task only if the computer is on AC power" under "Power" sub-heading. Also, uncheck "Start the task only if the computer is idle for" feature.
5. You can now create a restore point and find out whether the restore point missing error is still appearing.
The above solutions help recover deleted or missing system restoration points in the Windows 10 operating system. However, you must be careful while following the steps because there is a chance of losing data. You can avoid system crash and malfunction of your hard drive using the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool.
iBeesoft Data Recovery wizard is a powerful recovery program designed to get back all the data in three simple steps. The advantage of using the program is that you will never cause harm to the existing data. Besides, you can choose the file format for which you like to recover. For instance, if you want to get back photos, you can only select photos as the recovery file type and proceed with the recovery. The program's robust algorithm ensures complete safety while scanning for lost or deleted files from the hard drive.
Before using the described steps below, download and install the program's trial copy from the website. It does not contain a virus because it is a free-to-use copy.
Clicking the program's icon on the desktop helps launch the software. The launch screen shows the important file formats that you can recover. You can choose all the forms or pick only the essential formats. Click the "Start" button to head to the next step.
The best Windows 10 data recovery software shows the available partitions of the hard drive on your computer. You will also see any externally connected storage devices such as USB drives, external HDDs, and more. Choose the location where your files are present and click the "Scan" button at the top.
iBeesoft will take a while to complete the scan. Once the process is complete, it will show the recoverable records in an arranged manner. Use the tree directory to browse through the folders and preview the contents. Use the option to mark the essential files across the folders and press "Recover" to save them on your computer. Ensure to create a new folder other than the scan location.