Format Recovery Partition Mac | How to Recover Formatted Partition on Mac
Many people pondered whether to format their hard drive or not. Formatting is a process consisting of formatting a hard drive, as every file that is available or accessible is actually on the hard disk. New systems purchased from retailers come with pre-formatted hard drives. Formatting is the process of preparing the hard drive for usage by removing previous content. Formatting establishes a new file system, based on the operating system, which is helpful in writing new data to the hard drive. The following are the reasons why people format their partition on Mac:
- Errors - accidental formatting, viruses or hard drive crash are the major problems why people often choose to format their computer. Downloading unwanted files from the internet is the cause of the situation.
- Upgrading the macOS - the other reason for formatting the drive is to upgrade the system with a new operating system. Starting with a clean slate for a new version of the operating system makes the system run smoothly.
- Lack of space in hard drive - after using the hard disk for several years, the lack of availability of space makes it impossible to store further files. It mostly happens to those who are unaware that maintenance exists.
- Mac fails to start - it occurs due to corrupted registry entries. Instead of repairing, formatting is the only option.
- The macOS is running slow – the functioning may become sluggish and hopefully with no hardware issues. The turnaround for such a scenario is formatting the hard drive.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How Devices/Partitions Store Files on Mac
- Part 2. How to Recover Data from Formatted Partition on Mac
- Part 3. How to Create a New Partition on Your Mac
Part 1. How Devices/Partitions Store Files on Mac
A Mac hard disk consists of tracks and sectors that are capable of storing information or files. The tracks are concentric circles, and the sectors are pie-shaped wedges on the track. The yellow color is the track, while the blue color in the sector. The sector consists of a fixed number of bytes such as 256 or 512. Either at the operating system or drive level, sectors group together to form clusters.
Storing the data on a hard disk is in the form of 0s and 1s. The part where the hard disk stores the information is platter. These platters are made of non-magnetic materials such as glass, aluminum, and ceramic. On these, there is a thin presence of magnetic coating, usually of 10-20nm. The hard disk begins to store the data under the magnetic field. The data storage is digital in the form of magnetized regions, and each region represents a bit.
A magnetic field comes into play in the tiny region between the two polarities: N-S – if the North Pole comes first and S-N – if the South Pole comes first while accessing the field. The hard disk stores the data digitally in the form of magnetized regions that are minute and each region represents a bit. The N-S orientation represents 1, while S-N represents 0. The integrated controllers sense the polarities and begin to write or read data from the hard disk on Mac.
Is It Possible to Recover Data After Formatting a Drive on Mac?
Even after formatting a hard drive, it is possible to retrieve the data from the same. Recover formatted partition on Mac requires the use of specialized format recovery partition Mac programs that use sophisticated algorithms to scan through the sectors and extract the data.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from Formatted Partition on Mac
One can recover formatted partition on Mac with ease by using iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac. The software developed with advanced technology is capable of retrieving files from formatted partition in macOS in a few clicks. One can recover data to the maximum when compared with others and avoid the fear of losing records forever. The unformat partition Mac software is highly efficient and secure.
Your Safe & Effective Format Recovery Partition Mac Software
- Helps in restore data from partitions or other drives that are formatted, lost, hidden, deleted, erase, drive displays as RAW and more.
- Gives the chance to recover deleted files on Mac after emptying trash , "command + del" to deleting, virus attack, etc.
- Assists in retrieving files from uninitialized disk, hard drive/partition, SSD, SD card, USB drive, external disk on Mac.
Step-by-Step Guide on Recovering Formatted Partition on Mac
- Get iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
- Cancel unwanted file types
- Select the formatted volume to scan
- Preview found files
- Restore Files from Formatted Partition on Mac
Download and install the trial copy by visiting the official website of the partition formatted recovery Mac tool.
The main window shows all the file formats the tool can recover from formatted partition on Mac. One can choose only the needed file type and press the "Start" button.
The software displays all the partitions available on the hard drive, including the formatted drives. One has to choose the recently formatted partition and click the "Scan" button for progressing to the scan procedure.
The scan time relies on the content present in the partition and the selected file type. Once it is complete, iBeesoft shows the recoverable files in a new window. The tree directory makes it easy to pick the file type, path, and folder. Upon selecting a folder, the center screen reveals the recoverable files. One can see the content using the thumbnail preview to the right by clicking a file.
After marking the necessary files, click the "Recover" button starts the format recovery partition Mac process. It is vital to pick an external hard drive or a different partition to save the data. iBeesoft formatted partition recovery Mac software also provides the Deep Scan technology, which helps in recovering more files from a formatted partition on Mac. However, the process is time-consuming. Choosing it is only beneficial if there are still more files to recover.
The steps above restore formatted partition on Mac in three clicks. Now that the recovery is complete, one can quickly reformat the partition on Mac, create a new local disk in the hard drive, and transfer the recovered files. The process to recover format partition on Mac remains the same when using iBeesoft, as it gives greater flexibility when compared with other Mac hard disk recovery tools.
Part 3. How to Create a New Partition on Your Mac
- Click to open Finder first. Select "Applications" on the left. Scroll down to open the Utility folder.
- Find and command-click "Disk Utility". From the list, select the hard drive you want to create from. It might be named as "Fusion", or "Macintosh HD".
- Select one of them and click on the Partition tab. Click the plus (+) button. Follow the Create a New Partition on Mac wizard.