How to Fix iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode
"How do you get iPhone out of recovery mode? While trying to update the iPhone to the latest os, and do not know why and how the screen shows the "connect to iTunes" signal and stuck in recovery mode."
iPhone stuck in recovery mode is a common problem that iPhone users could encounter. Generally, to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode, the easiest way is to restore your iPhone with iTunes. If your iPhone stuck in recovery mode and failed to restore, then you must follow the right guide for the right iPhone model. Here in the following, let’s learn useful information on how to solve the problem of the iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
iPhone stuck in recovery mode with error 9?
Before we get down to the details for how to fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes, the first thing we need to solve is what if it appears error 9 while restoring iPhone. reasons for error 9 and ways to fix it:
- Your iTunes may lose the connection with your iPhone. You need to reconnect them again via a USB cable. And your iTunes should come with the latest version.
- The security software or fireware on your computer prevents the access to Apple servers. Turn off the security software or fireware to try again.
- Your network does not work. You need to make sure a stable network while restoring your iPhone by fixing iPhone stuck in recovery mode.
- Your iPhone is jailbroken
Part 1. Fix iPhone stuck in recovery mode with iTunes
After learning the reasons that cause iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode with error 9, you should check out the above mentioned details and try to fix iPhone stuck in recovery by restoring with iTunes. Here are the steps.
1. Update your iTunes to the latest version. After then, connect your iPhone with your computer via a USB cable. When it connected successfully, a pop-up will tell you it detects an iPhone in recovery mode.
2. Click the "Restore" option on iTunes. After then, follow the wizard to restore your iPhone as a new one. If you have you backed up iPhone to iTunes before, you can choose a backup file to restore your iPhone.
Please note that if you do not have a backup file in iTunes, then you must face the problem of losing data from the iPhone. If there is important data there, you must try to recover the data as soon as possible. Otherwise, you will lose them permanently. To recover lost data on iPhone, you must need a professional tool for help. Here recommend you iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. It will scan your iPhone, looking for lost files for you. Check out the details for how to recover data lost by restoring the iPhone.
Step 1. Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the latest version of iPhone data recovery software on your computer. It has a separate version for Windows PC and Mac. Choose the right version for your computer and install it.
Step 2. Connect your iPhone with your computer and launch the free iPhone data recovery software. In the main window, click "recover from iOS device". After then, you can see there is a "scan" button right behind the iPhone. Click it to scan your iPhone for the lost data.
Step 3. When the scanning process is finished, you can see all the found files. Preview the files and check out the details. When find the important files, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Part 2. Other possible ways to get iPhone out of recovery mode you can try
How to fix iPhone 6 stuck in recovery mode
1. Hold the Home button and the Power(wake/sleep) button simultaneously and let it last 10 to 15 seconds.
2. Let them go when you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
How to fix iPhone 7 stuck in recovery mode
1. Press and hold the Volume Down button as well as the Power (wake/sleep) button for 10 seconds.
2. Let go of both the buttons when you see the Apple logo appear.
How to fix iPhone XR stuck in recovery mode (iPhone 8 supported)
1. First, tap and release the Volume Up key.
2. Second, tap and release the Volume Down key.
3. Third, hold down the Power button on the right side. Release it when the Apple logo appears.