iPhone Data Recovery from Dead Phone – Get Dead iPhone Files Back
"My iPhone won't turn on and I need my pictures off it as they are of my child that died and I have no iCloud back up as it never worked and iTunes kept failing to back up now the phone won't turn on!"
This might be the worst situation when there are important files stuck on an iPhone and the iPhone is dead. For sure, when an iPhone is dead, we can ditch it for a new one or send it to the Apple store for repair. However, we might lose the files from the dead iPhone permanently. If you’re facing the same situation, read on to get the right way to solve the problem.
- Quick Navigation
- Solution 1. Fix Dead iPhone to Retrieve iPhone Data
- Solution 2. Restore Dead iPhone Data to Another iPhone with iTunes Backup
- Solution 3. Restore Dead iPhone Data to Another iPhone with iCloud Backup
- Solution 4. Scan Dead iPhone to Recover Files
- Solution 5. Extract Data from Dead iPhone
Solution 1. Fix Dead iPhone to Retrieve iPhone Data
Sometimes iPhones died because of power, system errors, environment, damages, etc. When an iPhone died, the very first thing you should do is try to wake it up. Here are the basic ways to fix a dead iPhone. After turning it on, then you will get all your iPhone data back for further operation, like backing up iPhone data to iCloud or iTunes.
- Charge iPhone. Charge it to make sure the iPhone is out of power, but no died. Sometimes, if you have used the iPhone for a long time, the battery may not last as long as you expected and it can turn off without any attention.
- Restart your iPhone. If you’re sure the battery works and the energy is enough, then try to restart it by holding and pressing the Sleep button and Home button. If you can see the red slider, then after a few seconds, it will restart automatically by showing the Apple logo. If the iPhone is stuck on the Apple logo, you should connect it with iTunes to get it out of the apple logo looping.
- Connect dead iPhone with iTunes. iTunes is the official tool for iOS device's data transfer, system error solving tool. If you can’t restart the dead iPhone, connect it with iTunes, checking whether iTunes can see it or not. If iTunes can see it, you can restore the dead iPhone with iTunes. It might solve the problem.
If none of the above-mentioned self-help methods works to make your iPhone work normally, then you can try the following solutions to recover iPhone data from dead phone or send the iPhone to Apple Store to fix it. My suggestion is to retrieve dead iPhone files first.
Solution 2. Restore Dead iPhone Data to Another iPhone with iTunes Backup
If you have another iPhone or iPad, and you have the dead iPhone iTunes backup files as well, then you can try to restore the iPhone dead data from iTunes backup to another iOS device. By doing this, you will get the dead iPhone data again. The drawback is the existing data on another iOS device will be replaced. Before doing it, think twice before leaping.
- Connect another iPhone or iPad with your computer and launch iTunes.
- In the iTunes summary window, click "Restore Backup".
- Choose one of the dead iPhone iTunes backup files and click "Restore".
- Wait for the restore process to finish, then you will see the dead iPhone data.
Solution 3. Restore Dead iPhone Data to Another iPhone with iCloud Backup
If you don’t have iTunes backup files, instead you have iCloud backup files, then you can also restore dead iPhone data to another iPhone or iPad with the iCloud backup files.
- Tap Settings > General > Reset and choose "Erase all Content and Settings".
- Wait for the erasing process to finish.
- When it starts to set up a new device, choose "Restore from iCloud Backup".
- Sign in with your iCloud account and it will display all the iCloud backup files for you to choose from.
- Choose the one that contains the dead iPhone data you need and confirm the restoring process.
Please note that this iPhone data recovery from dead phone by restoring from iCloud backup will also erase the existing data on the device that receives the dead iPhone data too.
Solution 4. Scan Dead iPhone to Recover Files
Like the above-mentioned user who has neither iTunes nor iCloud backup files, what to do to restore iPhone data from dead phone? The only method is scanning the dead iPhone, previewing and recovering text messages from iPhone, and getting photos, videos, contacts, and more files. You can try it by following the steps below.
- Install iPhone data recovery software on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone with your computer, making sure the connection is successful.
- Select "Recover from iOS Device" and click "Scan".
- Wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, check files by selecting the file types in the left panel.
- Select needed files from the dead iPhone and click "Recover" to save them.
You must do the dead iPhone data recovery either on Windows PC or Mac. You will never do it on iPhone itself with any app because it doesn’t work at all. The better option is on the computer which you’ve used to connect your iPhone when it worked normally.
Using this method you can also recover data from iPhone in recovery mode.
Solution 5. Extract Data from Dead iPhone
Some people say that iPhone is dead and they also failed to connect it with the computer since they can’t tap the "trust this computer" on iPhone. And there are no iOS devices available for the data restore options. In this case, the only left option is to extract data from dead iPhone backup files, either iTunes backup files or iCloud backup files. And the used tool is also iPhone Data Recovery. Here are the steps.
- Download iPhone recovery app on your system.
- If you have iTunes backup files, then click "Recover from iTunes Backup", then the iTunes backups on the computer will be listed. If you have iCloud backup files, then click "Recover from iCloud Backup", sign in with your iCloud ID then you will see the iCloud backfiles. Whether it is an iTunes backup file or an iCloud back file, click "Scan". The iPhone Data Recovery software will extract all files from the backup file package, letting you preview them.
- Select needed files and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
5 solutions are provided for you to do iPhone data recovery from dead phone. When your iPhone died, don’t panic and choose the right way to get the iPhone data back first. And you’d better back up your iPhone data to iTunes or iCloud, or cloud services regularly in case you switching to new phones