WhatsApp has become an essential application across all the devices running on the Android and iOS operating systems. It allows communication with ease and gives several options for the users. However, there are chances for the loss of the data and the chat history due to improper handling of the app by users. A safe method to prevent loss of data is by creating a backup on the SD card. It will help to restore WhatsApp backup from SD card after reinstalling the app.
WhatsApp messenger gives the ability for its users to create a backup of the chat history. Using this is essential before heading to the restoration procedure from the SD card. As most users do not create a backup of their chat history, all should choose the backup option from time-to-time. Such a step helps to restore WhatsApp chat from SD card when the need arises in a few simple steps.
If one does not possess a recent backup, it is time to create the same using the following steps:
1. Click the WhatsApp icon to open the application. Browse the "Settings" category by tapping the three dots from the home page of the app.
2. From the main page, click on the "Chats" option to browse the several settings available under the tab.
3. Click the "Chat Backup" option to open the settings and click the "Back up to Google Drive" under the Google Drive Settings.
4. The option will display a pop-up consisting of different options. Mark "Never" from the same. As the feature disables the automatic backup, users must create a backup of the latest chat history by clicking the “Back up” button. Clicking it will create a backup, and WhatsApp will store the file on the SD card.
5. After completion of the backup, head to the "Chats" feature and check the date of the recent backup file.
As the above steps helped in understanding how to backup WhatsApp messages on iPhone or Android phone. Now that the backup is on the SD card, it is time to learn how to restore WhatsApp backup from SD card.
1. The first step involves downloading a file manager app from the Play Store and installing it on the phone. Open the file manager application and browse through the folders to reach sdcard/WhatsApp/Databases. It is the folder where the recently created backup is present.
2. Opening the folder will display the backup file name as "msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12." Users have to rename the file to "msgstore.db.crypt12." Earlier versions of WhatsApp will have crypt10 or crypt9 extension. One should remember not to change the number at the end of the crypt extension.
3. After renaming the backup file, uninstall the WhatsApp application from the phone. Download the application from the Play Store and install the application once again.
4. As the application completes the setup, it will detect the available backups and displays the same. It asks the user whether to restore the same or skip the action to use the application freshly. Clicking "Restore" will begin the process of restoring the data. The time taken to complete the operation depends on the size of the backup.
Recovering is essential for those who lost their WhatsApp chat history. A better way to carry out the process is by using the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool. The program is robust and provides the chance to restore WhatsApp chat from SD card in a few simple steps. When compared with other recovery programs, the software stands out from the rest because of the features and the support it offers to the users.
The tool supports various file formats and can recognize different storage devices. Due to the robust construction and frequent upgrades, the software can identify a device and perform the action of recovery with ease. For instance, it supports FAT, exFAT, NTFS, RAW, HFS+, and other file types. Likewise, it supports memory cards, computers, laptops, external hard drives, USB devices, and other storage units.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is an efficient program and offers a reliable way to recover lost WhatsApp messages with ease. The critical features of the tool are:
Before using the software to retrieve deleted or lost chat history from the WhatsApp application, users must install the software on their computer. The program is available for trial, and all the features are available. One can download it from the official website and complete the installation to proceed with the following steps to recover deleted files on Mac or Windows PC:
As this utility can recover a variety of file formats, it is essential to select the file format to start the process. Launching the WhatsApp restore program will show all the formats it can recover. One must choose the required file format and click the "Start" button to proceed.
In the following screen, the software will show the partitions of the internal hard drive and other external devices connected to the computer – in this case, a mobile phone. Users must select the phone memory where WhatsApp backup is present. After selection, clicking the "Scan" button will begin the scan of the chosen location for the lost chat history of WhatsApp.
The final stage is where users will recover history. After the scan is complete, the software will show the contents in a new window. From the same, one can choose the recent backup file or chat from WhatsApp application and click the "Recover" to restore the contents to the computer.