How to Recover Files from SD Card RAW File System and Fix It
SD card is a very important part of our phones and devices because we store almost everything in them. So when the slightest problem occurs in your SD card, it’s obvious to panic in the heat of the moment. Some problems don’t affect any data but some other problems are so devastating that they cause data loss or harm the SD card. A lot of users have faced a common problem where their SD card becomes RAW. As a result, the SD card becomes unusable or inaccessible. In this situation, a format is the only normal solution to use the SD card again but it will cause data loss. If you want to recover files from SD card RAW file system then this article can be a lifesaver for you. With the help of this article, you will learn how to use the best tool to restore data from SD card RAW and fix memory card in the RAW file system. So let’s move forward into the main point.
Part 1: The Reasons Why SD Card Becomes RAW
Your computer will stop you from opening the SD card or access its data when an SD card becomes RAW. It’ll ask you to format the SD card and you’ll get a prompt error saying – "You need to format the disk in drive before you can use it" or something like that when you’ll try to access the files inside each time. The reason behind it is – RAW file system is not recognized by the computer. In general, below are some of the reasons why an SD card file system turns to RAW.
- If the computer is unable to recognize the file system of your SD card.
- If the file system of the SD card is somehow damaged or corrupted.
- If the SD card is not formatted with a file system properly or file system of the SD card is missing.
- If the SD card has a corrupted file system structure due to wrong partitioning, formatting, any kind of virus or malware attack.
- Any kind of physical damage occurs etc.
Though RAW SD card can be very annoying as you can’t access the files inside, it’s really easy to fix RAW SD card. Also, it’s easy to restore SD card RAW.
Part 2: The Best Software to Recover Files from SD Card RAW File System
Data recovery from SD card RAW file system is an easy task when you know how to use the right tool for it. Only a powerful recovery program can get data back from SD card RAW. We recommend iBeesoft Data Recovery as the best tool to retrieve files from SD card RAW file system. It has the most powerful solution for recovering data while having the easiest to use interface inside. Any new user can use it and the essential features of this product will allow you to get back all kinds of lost data from the RAW SD card in no time.
Your Effective Recovery SD Card RAW Software
- It’s a fully safe and effective data recovery tool. It can easily recover files from USB drive, RAW drive, HDD, SSD, SD card, external hard drive, etc. and more.
- It supports many file types and recover SD Card RAW files in the shortest time possible.
- The best RAW drive recovery software can find files from any kind of data loss situation including accidental deletion, partition hidden or lost, deleted partition, wrong operation, accidental format, RAW file system, virus attack, etc. and more.
How to Restore Data from SD Card RAW File System
- You need to connect your SD card to your computer by using a card reader.
- Download and install the application, and run it on your computer.
- Select the RAW SD card from the list of drives and click on the "Scan" button to unformat or undelete SD card by the RAW file system.
- When the scanning process is complete, the software will show all the files inside the window. You can easily preview and select the files that you need to get back from here.
- Click on the "Recover" button. Within a very short time, all the selected files will be recovered to your computer.
Part 3: How to Fix SD Card in RAW File System
A lot of people don’t know that they can fix the SD card RAW file system issue. If you are one of them, there is no need to panic. There are many ways to recover of fix SD card RAW file system. Here are the 2 most basic ways to recover or RAW SD card fix easily.
1: How to Fix SD Card in RAW File System with CMD
- First you need to connect your SD card to the computer using a card reader and make sure it’s detected by the computer.
- Then you need to right-click on the "Start" button and search for "cmd" or select "Command Prompt".
- When you get the command prompt window, you need to type this command – "chkdsk L: /f /r" and press "Enter". Here, "L" is the letter for your RAW SD Card, so you need to type the letter of your RAW drive instead.
Only if you are lucky enough, then this process of CMD will fix your RAW SD card. Otherwise, it will show an error message saying, "The type of the file system is RAW. CHKDSK is not available for RAW drives." This means that you have to format the SD card now and there is no other way to fix it.
2: How to Fix SD Card in RAW by Formatting
- First connect your RAW SD card into the computer using a card reader.
- Now double click "This PC" icon and open the file manager of your computer. Then "Right-click" on the SD card drive and select "Format".
- Next you will get a new window where you need to select a file system and click on the "Start" button.
- Finally, you will get a warning and click "OK" to format the SD card.
To the bottom line, recovery of an SD card RAW file system is really easy if you precisely know what to do. This article is a clear attempt to help you with recovering files from the SD card RAW file system. We hope that after knowing about iBeesoft Data Recovery software you will definitely give it a try because the best SD card recovery software can be a great friend in need. Also, after you recover SD card RAW file system issue easily with the help of the 2 solutions we gave here.