How to Recover Deleted Video Files from Hard Drive
There must be some important or favorite videos saved on your hard drive. You might have never thought one day you deleted them and need to recover them. Since I know some techniques for how to recover data, friends always asked “can you recover deleted videos from hard drive? I deleted them, I formatted the hard drive, the hard drive failed…….”Sure, we can try to recover deleted video files from hard drive. Though it is not 100% sure we can success, let’s try first, being ready to get the best result.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Scenarios for videos lost from hard drive
- Part 2. How to recover deleted video files from hard drive
Part 1. Scenarios for videos lost from hard drive
Before getting down to the task of how to retrieve deleted video from hard drive, first, we should know whether the videos are recoverable or not and in what kind of scenarios the videos deleted are recoverable.
- Intentional and unintentional deletion. If you have deleted the videos and you can check out whether they’re in the trash can or not. If they’re there, you can select them and restore them to your hard drive. If you have emptied trash can or tried the Shift+Delete on Windows PC and Command +Delete on Mac, you can still scan your hard drive, looking for the deleted videos.
- Format hard drive. Sometimes, if there is a problem with your hard drive, you might confirm the suggestion from your computer as formatting the hard drive, which will result in whole hard drive data lost.
- Hard drive failure. When you shut down computer abrupt or file system error cause hard drive failure, you can’t access to videos in the hard drive.
- Virus or malware attack. Virus and malware attack might cause videos being deleted by your security software.
- Video editing software deleted the original video. Sometimes, video editing software might delete the original video if you do not be careful.
Part 2. How to recover deleted video files from hard drive
Whenever you encounter the above mentioned situation, you can recover permanently deleted video files from hard drive. All the deleted video files are still there, waiting to be replaced by new data. If you hurry up, it’s very likely you can recover the deleted video files before the data overwriting.
Best Video Data Recovery Software to Recover Deleted Videos from hard drive
To recover deleted video files from hard drive, you need a data recovery software tool for help. You can’t do it manually or cancel the video deletion on the computer. Only a data recovery tool can scan your hard drive, looking for the deleted videos. And iBeesoft Data Recovery software is such a tool as you needed. Here are some of its main features:
Your Effective Deleted Video Recovery Software
- Recover videos various in different file types. Fully compatible with all kinds of hard drives.
- High data recovery success rate with leading-edge technology. Two scan modes ensure better video recovery results.
- Simple-and-easy to use, making it quite simple to recover deleted videos from PC, hard disk, memory card, USB drive and more.
Download hard drive video recovery software to recover deleted video files from hard drive now!!! Here in the following, let’s learn how to recover permanently deleted video files from hard drive freely.
Step 1. Install the video data recovery software
There are two versions, one is for Windows PC and another one is for Mac. Please choose the right one for your computer by clicking the "DOWNLOAD" button. After then, install the software on your computer. Please note that there is no data recovery software tool available at App Store. If you’re running a Mac, please set up the system preferences as "allow apps from App Store and identified developers".
Step 2. Select "Videos" to scan
Launch the video data recovery software on your computer and keep "Videos" selected. To shorten the whole scanning process, it’s better to deselect the unwanted file types. And then, click "Start" to confirm the operation.
Step 3. Scan hard drive to recover videos
In the next window, find the hard drive from where you want to recover videos, select it and click "Scan" to recover deleted videos on Mac. After then, you can see the software begins to scan the hard drive, looking for the deleted videos. A progress bar will tell you how it is going with the scanning process.
Step 4. Recover deleted video files from hard drive
Last, wait until the scanning process is finished. After then, you can see all found videos at put the Video categories on the left side. You can filter the videos with the video file extension in the left panel and check out the details on the right side. When find the target files, select them and click "Recover" to retrieve deleted video files from hard drive.
"Deep Scan" option in the result window is another scanning mode. The default one is the Quick Scan. You can try the Deep Scan option, looking for more deleted videos from hard drive. It will find videos even with part of the file properties erased.