How to Recover DCIM Folder from SD Card
"Is there any way to recover DCIM folder from SD card? I cannot find the folder anywhere on the SD card. There are so many pictures and footage there. Please help me."
Though more and more smartphone comes with built-in storage, there are some phones still need SD cards as well as some cameras. And shot pictures and recorded videos are saved there as well. However, some people asked how to recover DCIM folder from SD card on Mac or Windows. Sometimes, the DCIM folder disappears without any notice.
Possible reasons for why and how DCIM folder lost
- You formatted the SD card when a pop-up asks you to do or to fix the problem of SD card, you have to format it. After formatting, the DCIM folder for sure disappear.
- Accidental deletion of the DCIM folder on an SD card.
- Virus infection results in the DCIM folder quarantined by the security folder.
- Abrupt removal of the SD card from phone or camera, or even eject from computer accidentally. All of the above operations will result in data loss.
- Interruption while transferring the folder from SD card to computer, like system crash.
Can I recover DCIM folder from SD card?
It fully depends on how you deal with the recovery process. If you stop using the SD card and try to recover DCIM folder from SD card quickly, you can make it. If not, and you will miss the best opportunity to recover DCIM folder because it might be overwritten by other data, which will result in permanently data loss.
How to recover DCIM folder from SD card?
No matter how and why the DCIM folder lost from your SD card, the fact is that you can not see it at all. In this case, you can not see it and do the recovery manually. In this case, you need a professional DCIM data recovery software for SD card. You can search for this kind of software over the internet. I strongly recommend you try iBeesoft Data Recovery. It’s specially designed for users to recover all kinds of data from SD card, from computer, and other external hard drive.
Your Effective SD Card DCIM Folder Recovery Software
- It is a professional yet affordable, easy-to-use undelete and unformat SD card software to recover all commonly used data, including videos, pictures, documents, emails, audio files, and more.
- It supports recovering data lost due to formatting, deletion, virus attack, SD card interrupt removing, system crash, etc.
- Fully compatible recover DCIM folder from SD card on Windows and macOS.
Here in the following, let’s learn how to recover DCIM folder from SD card with iBeesoft Data Recovery
Step 1. Install SD card DCIM folder recovery program
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the latest version of the DCIM folder recovery software. Install it either on your Windows PC or Mac, depending on your computer operating system. You can choose Windows or Mac version. After then, connect the SD card with your computer, ensuring your computer can recognize it as an external hard drive and display it on your computer.
Step 2. Scan SD card
Next, launch the best SD card recovery software on your computer. From the start-up window, you can see all hard drives on the computer as well connected SD card is displayed. Since you want to recover DCIM folder from SD card, please select the SD card as the target hard drive to scan. Click "Scan", letting the software scan the content in your DCIM folder. Please note that the tool only scans for files in the DCIM folder, not the DCIM itself.
Step 3. Recover DCIM folder from SD card
It might take longer for the software to stop the SD card for the DCIM folder, after all, the file size is large. Be patient. You can have a cup of coffee during the scanning process. When it finished, it will stop automatically. After then, you can filter files with file extensions and preview the files on the right side. When find the target files in the DCIM folder, please select them and click “Recover” to save them on your computer. You can create a folder beforehand to save the DCIM folder. It’s better not to save the recovered DCIM folder files in the SD card again. They might be lost again.
Tips: how to keep DCIM folder safe?
Nobody is sure when an accident will happen. If you have many precious pictures or videos in the SD card DCIM folder, you need to back up the folder regularly. Otherwise, you might face the fact you’ll lose them again when an accident happens. To do the backup, you can try iBeesoft DBackup to schedule backup.