Quick steps for how to recover files on WD My Cloud.
1. Connect WD My Cloud with your computer.
2. Launch iBeesoft Data Recovery on your computer and click "Start".
3. Select the WD My Cloud as the target drive to scan and click "Scan".
4. Preview found files and select wanted ones and click "Recover".
This article is a step-by-step guide for data recovery for WD My Cloud. Two parts are covered, one is how to recover data from damaged WD My Cloud drive. Another one is how to retrieve files from WD My Cloud with iBeesoft Data Recovery software. You can download the trial version by clicking the DOWNLOAD button below first.Download for Windows Download for macOS
WD My Cloud is really a great way for people to store and share important files, especially when they need to collaborate with different computers. However, there is a big problem, namely how to recover data from WD My Cloud hard drive when it is dead or defective or something broken, cases like this "The plug from the case broke and being out of the warranty I lost my data. I tried to open the case and connect the hard drive directly with a hard drive connector, but I guess I can’t access the data without the OS? Is there any way to do WD My Cloud data recovery?"
Actually, yes, you can to WD My Cloud recover deleted files or format recovery. Before you do it, like the above-mentioned case, you need to open the case, connect the hard drive directly with a hard drive connector, making it detected with your computer. After then, there are 2 options for you to access to data in WD MY Cloud when it is broken or quit working or even formatted.
For this way, you need to do the following steps to recover files from WD My Cloud hard drive:
Step 1. Remove the hard drive from the WD My Cloud. Then use a hard drive connector to connect WD My Cloud with your computer. Making sure it is detected by your computer.
Step 2. Next, use a Linux boot disc/live CD like the one from Ubuntu to boot the computer into Linux and access the drive contents. If you don’t know how to create a boot disc/Live CD, try this guide to WD My Cloud data recovery.
this way is easy for computer geeks. However, it’s complex for individual users who don’t have much experience in dealing with computer OS. If you’re one of them, try Method #2 to rescue files from hard drive in Mac or Windows PC.
This way is far easier than Method #1 because here we can make full use of the professional WD My Cloud recovery software – iBeesoft Data Recovery. It’s a professional tool which is specially designed for the user to scan for all kinds of the hard drive to recover lost data. No matter data lost from your WD My Cloud due to broken, formatting, virus attack, deletion or other occasions, you can always try it. Here are some of its main features:
1. Click the download button to get the installation package of the WD My Cloud data recovery software. It is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. Choose the right one according to your computer operating system.
2. Remove the hard drive from your WD My Cloud case and use a hard drive connector to connect it with your computer, making sure your computer can recognize it.
3. Launch the data recovery for WD My Clou program and you can see all supported files types are listed. From there, only keep the wanted ones checked. As for other unwanted file types, you can uncheck them and click "Start".
4. From the next window, the WD My Cloud data recovery shows all the partitions of the internal hard drive and connected hard drives. Choose WD My Cloud as the location and click the "Scan" button to recover data from WD My Cloud hard drive.
5. Once the scan is complete, the WD My Cloud recovery software will display all recoverable data. The left side shows the directory, the center shows the deleted or lost files, and the right side displays the thumbnails. You can select files to preview. When finding the target files, choose them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Deep Scan feature is on the result window. If you are not content with the result, click it to scan the WD My Cloud hard drive again. Download the software to have a try now!!!