How to Recover Data from WD My Cloud Hard Drive
WD My Cloud disk is really a great way for people to store and share important files, especially when they need to collaborate with different computers. However, there is a big problem, namely how to restore data from WD My Cloud hard drive when it is dead or defective or something broken, cases like this "The plug from the case broke and being out of the warranty I lost my data. I tried to open the case and connect the hard drive directly with a hard drive connector, but I guess I can’t access the data without the OS? Is there any way to do WD My Cloud data recovery?"
Actually, yes, you can to WD My Cloud recover deleted files or format recovery. Before you do it, like the above-mentioned case, you need to open the case, connect the hard drive directly with a hard drive connector, making it detected with your computer. After then, there are 2 options for you to access to data in WD MY Cloud when it is broken or quit working or even formatted.
- Quick Navigation
- Method #1. How to Recover Data from Broken/Defective WD My Cloud Hard Drive
- Method #2. How to Get Files Back from WD My Cloud (Formatted Supported)
Method #1. How to Recover Data from Broken/Defective WD My Cloud Hard Drive
For this way, you need to do the following steps to retrieve files from WD My Cloud hard drive:
- Remove the hard drive from the WD My Cloud. Then use a hard drive connector to connect WD My Cloud with your computer. Making sure it is detected by your PC.
- Next, use a Linux boot disc/live CD like the one from Ubuntu to boot the computer into Linux and access the drive contents. If you don’t know how to create a boot disc/Live CD, try this guide to WD My Cloud data recovery.
this way is easy for computer geeks. However, it’s complex for individual users who don’t have much experience in dealing with computer OS. If you’re one of them, try Method #2 to recover deleted files from WD external hard drive in Mac or Windows PC.
Method #2. How to Get Files Back from WD My Cloud
This way is far easier than Method #1 because here we can make full use of the professional WD My Cloud data recovery software – iBeesoft Data Recovery. It’s a professional tool which is specially designed for the user to scan for all kinds of the hard drive to find lost data. No matter data lost from your WD My Cloud due to broken, formatting, virus attack, deletion or other occasions, you can always try it. Here are some of its main features:
Your Best WD My Cloud Data Recovery Software
- Two Scan modes: Quick Scan enable quick scan for lost files that have the complete file properties. Deep Scan scans the whole WD My Cloud hard drive detailed, recovering files even lost some file properties.
- The WD My Cloud hard drive recovery or My Cloud Home data recovery tool supports more than 1000 file types, ensuring you to get all commonly used data back, including photos, videos, audio files, documents, emails and more with different file extensions.
- Specially designed for individuals with a simple interface, any user can follow the built-in navigation to WD My Cloud recover deleted files or unformat.
Steps for How to Restore Data from WD My Cloud
- Remove the hard drive from your WD My Cloud case and use a hard drive connector to connect it with PC, making sure your computer can recognize it.
- Click the download button to get the installation package of the WD My Cloud data recovery software. It is available for both Windows and Mac operating system. Choose the right one according to your computer operating system. Launch the data recovery for WD My Cloud program
- From the next window, the WD My Cloud data recovery shows all the partitions of the internal hard drive and connected hard drives. Choose WD My Cloud as the location and click the "Scan" button to retrieve data from WD My Cloud hard drive.
- Once the scan is complete, the WD My Cloud recovery software will display all recoverable data. The left side shows the directory, the center shows the deleted or lost files, and the right side displays the thumbnails. You can select files to preview. When finding the target files, choose them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Quick steps for WD My Cloud Recover Deleted Files for Free
How do I reset my WD My Cloud without losing data? When resetting the device to its original state, it will erase all saved files. If you have a backup, there will be no data loss problems. What should we do if we forget to save data before resetting? Don't worry, you can still use tools to help you get back deleted files from WD My Cloud hard drive for free.
- Connect WD My Cloud hard drive to your pc.
- Install iBeesoft Free Data Recovery on your computer.
- Click "go to setting" to cancel unwanted file types.
- Select the WD My Cloud and click "Scan".
- Click the "Preview" button to view the found files
- Preview and select wanted ones and click "Recover".