How to Recover Data from exFAT SD Card on Mac/Windows
Because exFAT is developed to solve the problems of device storage limits and it is fully compatible with all versions of Windows, Mac, Linux, game consoles and other devices with a USB port, it is widely used for disks, external hard drives, and memory cards. It is a very suitable file system for SD cards, which can store a single file up to 16EB. Therefore, it enhances the interoperability of PC and mobile devices. The exFAT really a good file system to save large files. However, due to all kinds of reasons, it is still easy for you to lose data from exFAT SD memory, like the scenarios below:
- Accidental deletion or intentional deletion files from exFAT SD card.
- Format exFAT memory card when there is a problem with the storage device. You know, sometimes, formatting works to fix some problems.
- Virus attack the exFAT SD card and you have to remove all data by cleaning the virus.
- System errors, the exFAT SD Card corrupted or other reasons for data loss.
No matter for what reason, if you lost data, you can get back the deleted or lost files from the exFAT SD card easily if you can hurry up to do the recovery before the lost data being overwritten. Here in the following, we’re going to discuss how to recover files from exFAT SD card on Mac or Windows PC.
Please note that you need to stop using the exFAT SD card whenever you find you’ve lost files. Any further usage will get data permanently disappeared, which means you’ll lose them permanently. First, stop using the exFAT memory card. And second, find an exFAT card recovery software tool for help. All files can’t be recovered unless with the help of data recovery software. Only the software is able to find the lost files in the exFAT SD Card and display them, letting you select target files to restore.
Complete Solution to Restore exFAT SD Card Lost/Deleted Data
There are some options on the Internet. However, I strongly recommend you try iBeesoft Data Recovery, a trustworthy and professional exFAT SD card recovery tool, which helps you recover deleted files from exFAT SD card or unformat SD card in Windows or Mac.
Your Effective Software for Recover Files from exFAT SD Card
- Best software to retrieve files from exFAT SD card, supporting multiple file types, including videos, pictures, audio files, documents, and more.
- Find data lost from exFAT SD card in different scenarios, deletion, formatting, virus attack, system crash, etc. It can also recover files from SD card RAW file system.
- Simple 3 steps to recover data from exFAT memory card: scan, preview and retrieve.
How to Recover Deleted Files from exFAT SD Card
- Get the iBeesoft Data Recovery installation package
- Connect exFAT SD card to computer
- Cancel unwanted file types
- Scan exFAT SD card
- View and restore exFAT memory card data
Click the download button to download the latest exFAT memory card recovery software. You can download the version for Windows PC or Mac. It depends on your computer operating system. Both of them work and the recover exFAT SD card process is the same. get it to have a try now!!!
Connect it with your PC, making sure it is detected by your computer. After then, launch the exFAT SD card recovery software.
From the first window, please select the wanted file types to scan. By default, all supported file types are selected. Click "go to setting" to select the only needed file types to scan, it will shorten the whole scanning process.
In the next step, you can see all hard drives of the current computer as well as the connected external hard drives (if any) are displayed. Please select the one that represents the exFAT SD card and click "Scan". It means the software is going to scan the exFAT SD card for the target file types.
Last, when the scanning process is finished, you can see all found files are sorted into the category, displaying in the left panel. Filter the files by selecting file types and file extension in the left panel, check out the details on the right side. When finding the data you want to recover from the exFAT SD card, select it and click "Recover" to save it on your computer.
By default, the scanning mode is Quick Mode, helping you scan for deleted files from the exFAT SD card quickly. While Deep Scan is more powerful to scanning for files. You can try it in the result window. It will take longer. Be patient to have a better result for recover deleted files from SD card on Mac or Windows.