Best Hard Drive Recovery Solutions | Recover Data from Hard Drive 
Hard disks are an essential part of your computer, as they store enormous amounts of data. Nonetheless, there are uncertainties associated with it, and you may lose data from parts or entire partition of the disk due to various reasons. It is here that a hard drive data recovery program comes to aid. Hard drive data recovery software will help you scan and recover lost or deleted files from any hard drive on a computer. It is a must software tool for Windows 8/7/10 as well as Mac. Here are the top 10 Best hard drive data recovery software. Check out the details now.
Get Details for the Top 10 Hard Drive Recovery Software Tools
1. iBeesoft Data Recovery
iBeesoft is a robust hard drive data recovery for Windows 11 and below, or macOS. The algorithm scans through the hard disk for lost files with ease. Likewise, you have the option to choose the file formats for which you like to recover data from the Raid 0 hard drive, SSD/HDD, Uninitialized Disk, and more. For instance, if you lost images, you could pick only pictures and scan the disk for retrieving all the photos. The process is straightforward, and even a regular user can utilize the disk recovery program.
- Supports all the leading file formats
- Searches lost partitions, corrupted file systems, and inaccessible drives
- Robust algorithm with latest technologies
- Option to choose any file format
- Organizes recoverable data according to file format
- Preview recoverable files before extraction
- Deep Scan mode take plenty of time to complete the task
2. Disk Drill Data Recovery
Disk Drill Data Recovery is an ideal choice if you like to have a free product to work for Windows 7 hard drive recovery software. It also functions on Mac. The free program can retrieve 500Mb of data from internal and external storage disks. The intuitive experience makes it simple for anyone to use the features to recover lost files in a few simple steps. You can further shut down your computer after completion of the recovery process.
- Supports various file formats
- Lost partition search
- Intuitive user interface
- Data protection and backup features
- The free version recovers only 500Mb of data
- Does not support smartphone recovery
- Slow scan speeds
3. Data Rescue 6
Data Rescue 6 is a hard drive recovery for Windows 7 with a clean and straightforward user interface. The focused audience is home users, but the expensive price tag gives a different picture. If you can afford, a single license is enough to recover data from unlimited systems. If you are a home buyer and can spend the amount for a single license, you can proceed and purchase the premium version.
- Straightforward interface for quick operation
- Possibility to duplicate a failing drive
- Automatically determines RAID configurations
- Expensive price tag
- A complicated multi-step recovery procedure
PhotoRec consists of powerful features that help you recover lost files from your hard drive. With support for both Windows and Mac operating systems, you can quickly scan your hard disk, choose the files, and retrieve them easily. With over 480 file extension support, you can get back any file you lost, even from flash drives, digital cameras, etc.
- Recovers over 300 file extensions
- This best hard drive recovery software supports all files storage devices
- Intimidates new beginners
- No option to select the preferred file format
- Fails to restore folder structure and file names
R-Studio is another comprehensive solution for your data recovery needs. Unlike others, the hard drive data recovery program focuses on experienced users who appreciate powerful features and extensive options. Rather than guiding with the procedure, users can indulge in multiple recovery jobs. It is possible to sort files based on extensions, modification time, creation time, and others.
- Disk sanitization features
- Advanced features for experienced professionals
- Available as bootable ISO image
- Fails to show results during a scan
- Not preferable for inexperienced users
- Does not display the preview of all file formats
TestDisk can recover data and further make a non-bootable drive bootable. It is an excellent solution for hard drive data recovery for Windows 8 users who lost data due to different scenarios. It focuses on an entire file system rather than a single file. Therefore, it is suitable for recovering a batch of documents or collections. Additionally, it helps in fixing partition tables and repairing boot sectors.
- Ability to recover different file systems and partitions
- Wide operating system support
- Open-source code makes it free to use
- The text-only interface makes it unpleasing
- Not preferable for inexperienced users
- Cannot repair corrupted or damaged files
7. Stellar Data Recovery
If you seek a professional solution for Windows 7 hard drive recovery software, then Stellar Data Recovery is the answer. It can recover from crashed and unbootable hard drives. With support to various file extensions and partition schemes, you can quickly recover all the lost files with ease. It even supports SD cards, USB drives, flashcards, and a plethora of storage devices.
- Supports a wide range of file extensions and partition schemes
- Helps recover data from a broad spectrum of storage devices
- Helps you preview recoverable content
- Expensive compared to other hard drive recovery programs
- Scan and recovery speed is slow
- Fails to identify storage devices at times
8. iBatsoft Data Recovery
iBatsoft managed to take a fair share of the recovery program market. It comes with a broad user base and experience. The recovery features are positive, and both novice and advanced users can use the tool with ease. The user-friendly interface with simple instructions helps in the recovery of data in a few steps. You can scan hard drives, flash drives, USBs, and more. You can further select a folder for retrieving files. It offers a lifetime license allowing you to enjoy free upgrades.
- Reliable program for recovering data
- Users can sort and filter the recoverable files
- The hard drive data recovery process is simple and accessible to all
- Presents unrecoverable files list along with recoverable files
- Preview available only for files less than 100Mb
- Fails to show the remaining scan time
Recuva is a free hard drive recovery software helpful for both beginners and advanced users. You can select from a vast file format system to get back the lost or deleted files with ease. The low cost and straightforward interface are significant factors to consider. Likewise, the free version fails to recover all the displayed content. If you need everything, you must choose the paid version, which is affordable.
- The licensing fee is low than other promising hard drive recovery programs
- Free version available
- Interactive and user-friendly interface
- Preview window available
- Recovers only two-thirds of the displayed recoverable files
- Glitches while recognizing different storage devices
- Scan speed is slow
10. Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit is the right product in its price range. It flawlessly recovers data of different file formats from a wide range of storage devices. You can select internal drives, SSDs, camcorders, memory sticks, USBs, and more. The interface is simple, making it accessible to everyone. Moreover, you can see a recoverable file's content before you decide to retrieve.
- Supports different file formats
- The sleek design of the interface with great usable features
- Compatible with all Windows and Mac operating systems
- The free version recovers only 100Mb of data
- Preview feature displays only selected file formats
- Duplicates of recoverable files appear in a scan result
A hard drive data recovery program is the only solution when you deleted files accidentally or lost due to a corrupted file system. Choose an appropriate recovery program from the list to ensure that you can get back all the files you lost in a few simple steps. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac or Windows is strongly recommended as the best hard drive data recovery software for Windows 7/Windows 8/Windows 10 as well as macOS.