How to Recover Temporary Excel Files in Windows 11/10/7
Recover temporary excel files without losing any hope. It is now possible to restore the files from temporary files. Recovering temporary excel files in Windows 11/10 is the best way to restore data because you might have lost the original workbook before you saved. Another reason could be a sudden shutdown of the system.
Recovering Excel Temporary Files in Two Ways
As you have understood why there is a need to recover temp excel files, it is time to see how you can do it – using a retrieval software and manually. Therefore, depending on how you like to proceed, you can choose either of the options.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1: How to recover temporary excel files in Windows effectively
- Part 2: How to find temporary Excel files in Windows manually
Part 1: How to recover temporary excel files in Windows effectively
An excellent choice that you have in your hands is to use the iBeesoft Data Recovery program to find excel temp files in simple steps. You may wonder why to choose this software over others. The reason is its ability to perform the recovery of the temporary files with ease. It means that you can scan for the location, choose the preferred data, and restore.
The primary justification is because of the robust algorithm that the program contains. It assists in scanning for the files much more profound than other tools. The XLS file recovery software is here that you will come across all the versions of an excel file. Based on the requirement, you can choose the one that you would like to restore. You can recover temp files excel with ease, and likewise, data from different sources of different formats.
Your Safe & Effective File Recovery Software
- Recovering files after empty recycle bin and get data lost back due to pressing "Shift + Delete" buttons, hidden/deleted partition, cloning a hard disk.
- Getting back all the files and folders deleted due to inappropriate operations such as moving folders, restoring to factory settings, and removing external media during the transfer process.
- Gaining access to the formatted drive or Identifying bad sectors in the RAW drive to recovering as many files as possible.
- Files lost due to virus attack and reinstallation of the operating system.
Step-by-step guide on how to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to find temporary excel files in Windows
Before starting the excel temp file recovery process, install the software by downloading it from the official website. The trial version entitles you to operate or have access to all the options. You can, therefore, test its performance and capability. After finishing with the installation procedure, follow the steps stated below to recover Excel files in Windows PC or Mac:
1. Launch the software, you will see the locations of the hard drive. If there are any external storage units connected, you will see them in the window. You can choose the need location to find temp excel files and press "Scan" to identify the presence of the temporary files.
2. The scan time depends on the file format selected. After completion, it will display the results in a new screen. The tree directory allows you to navigate quickly. The center pane shows the recoverable files, and the third column helps you to see the preview of a selected file. You can preview the file that you need, mark the same, and click the "Recover" button. You must choose an external location or a different partition in the hard disk to save the excel temporary file in Windows 10/8/7/XP.
Advantages of using iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover temp excel files
- Efficient in recovering files and Supports a wide variety of file formats
- A quick scan and deep scan mode to fully recover data from a pen drive, SD card, and other storage media
Part 2: How to find temporary Excel files in Windows manually
Microsoft offers AutoRecover mode in excel, through which you can retrieve the workbook that you lost. The reason could be a power failure, system crash, or deleting the file by accident. The name changes according to the version of the Microsoft Office that you are using, but the primary role is the same – excel temp file recover.
Where Office stores the temporary files in Windows
The auto-recovery feature saves the files in a temporary folder created by the software. It will save the file after a few minutes.
- Windows 11/10: C:\Users\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles
- Windows 7: C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\UnsavedFiles
How to recover temporary excel files in Windows
The process to recover excel temp file Windows 10 is simply because of the "recover unsaved" feature. You can follow the steps below to recover temporary excel files:
1. Launch Excel and click Open > Recent > Recent Unsaved Workbooks
2. From the opened window, you must choose the unsaved excel workbook that you need and press open.
3. After the file opens, excel will ask you in a pop-up message asking you to save the file first before editing. Save the file and then continue editing, if required.