How to Recover Data from Crashed External Hard Drive on Mac
There are many reasons that cause external hard disk crash, which results in data stuck in the device. If you encounter any of the following scenarios, it means your external hard drive must be crashed and you need to learn how to recover data from crashed external hard drive on Mac.
- The process is interrupted while you were transferring data from the external hard drive to Mac or backward.
- While operating on the external hard drive, your computer just powered off.
- The external hard drive is infected with a virus or be controlled by malware, and it is inaccessible.
- A pop-up tells there is an error and refused you to access to the external hard drive.
To do the data recovery of the crashed external hard drive on Mac, remember do not try to fix the external hard drive in the first place. Here are the reasons:
- You’re not sure whether you can fix it or not, right? Any further operation on the external hard drive on Mac may cause more problems and leading data loss permanently.
- While fixing it, you might format the external hard drive, result in all data lost on it.
What you should do is stop using the external hard drive right away and install the latest version of iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac to perform the file recovery from crashed external hard disk on Mac.
Data Recovery from Crashed External Hard Drive on Mac
If you want to get files back from crashed external hard drive on Mac effectively and successfully, you need a tool for help and do the data recovery from crashed external hard drive as soon as possible. You can’t do it without the help of data recovery software because you can’t access the external hard drive manually. And if you do not hurry up, you may lose the chance of recovering data from it. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac is specially designed for Mac users to recover all types of files from Mac internal and external disks. You can see it really does a good job to recover lost files on Mac disk or other drives.
Your Effective Data Recovery from Crashed External Hard Drive Mac Software
- Supports over than 1000 file types, covering all the videos, pictures, documents, emails, audio files, voice memos, and more.
- Updated in time to support the latest version of macOS, making it compatible with all the versions of macOS.
- A simple interface and streamlined built-in guide navigate users to finish the recover deleted files from external hard drive on Mac hassle-free.
- Supports Mac internal hard drives and external hard drives, including USB flash drives, CF cards, SD cards, and other storage devices.
Here is the guide for how to recover data from crashed external hard drive on Mac with this data recovery software for failed hard drive. Try your luck to retrieve your data right now!!!
By clicking the Download button, you can download the latest version of the Mac external hard drive data recovery software. After then, you need to install it on your Mac.
- Select File Types to Scan
- Select External Disk to Scan
- Data Recovery from Crashed External Hard Drive on Mac
By default, all supported file types are selected by the software. You can click "Start" to run the software. My suggestion is that you select the file types you need before it starts. It will save your time for the whole scanning process.
Connect your external hard drive with your Mac, ensuring it is detected by your Mac. After then, it should appear in the list or Mac internal and external hard drive list. Select it and click "Scan" letting the software scans for the files you want to recover from the crashed external hard drive on Mac.
Last, wait for the scanning process finished. After then, you can see all found files are sorted into categories and list on the left side. You can filter files by selecting file types and file extensions. After then, check out the details on the right side. When finding the target files, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your Mac.
To recover crashed external hard drive on Mac with a better result, my suggestion is to try the "Deep Scan" in the result window. It’s able to find more files for you.
Tips: How to Keep Data in External Hard Drive Safe
Though I've introduced how to recover data from crashed external hard drive on Mac, it is not a 100% way to retrieve your data. One way to keep data in external hard drive safe is to back up the data, folder or the whole external hard drive. Don’t worry!!! it does not mean you need to transfer the data to another place. You can make use of software, like iBeesoft Dbackup. It’s able to schedule the backup time and destination, making backup easier than ever. And the most important thing is you keep your data safe.