You can see people asked at discussions.apple.com "how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone without backup", or "how do I recover deleted messages on my iPhone 8 without a computer", "is it possible to recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages", and more. Actually, if you can do the text message recovery quickly for iPhone 8, then it’s very likely that you’re going to recover the deleted text messages on iPhone successfully.
Generally, there are two types of ways for data recovery on the iPhone. Let me put it simply: Recover iPhone 8 text messages with backup and without backup. After then, you can learn there are different solutions under the two basic ways, like how to recover deleted iPhone 8 text messages without computer, how to recover deleted text messages on iPhone 8 with iPhone lost, etc. Sounds complicated? Do not worry! Follow me and choose the right way to recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages.
If you have never backed up your iPhone 8 to iCloud or iTunes, and after then you delete text messages, then the only option for you to recover the deleted text messages on iPhone 8 is scanning your iPhone, looking for the deleted text messages. You might doubt whether it works or not. No matter it is iPhone, MacBook, or any other computer, USB flash drive, they all obey the rule: deleted data on the device did not gone away permanently before they’re replacing by new data. They’re marked as useless and invisible. If you can grasp the last chance to find deleted messages on iPhone , you might make it.
To recover iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus deleted text messages without backup file, you must make use of an iPhone data recovery tool, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. It will help you do the recovery task professionally. It is able to recover all file types from iPhone with simple clicks. Here are the steps for how to use it to recover deleted text messages on iPhone 8/iPhone 8 Plus.
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the iPhone text message recovery software installation file. There are two separate versions, one is for Windows PC and another is for Mac. Choose the one that’s right for your computer operating system and install it.
Use a USB cable to connect your iPhone with your computer, and tap "Trust the computer" on your iPhone, making sure it appears on the main window of the data recovery software. After then, please click the "Scan" button on the right side of the iPhone. Wait for the software to finish the whole scanning process.
Last, when the scanning process is finished, you can see all the found files for your iPhone. Please check out the details for text messages by selecting the "Text message" category on the left side. When finding the target text message, please select them all and click "Recover" to save them all on your computer. That’s it!!!!
Important: please stop using your iPhone whenever you find you have deleted the text messages accidentally. It will increase the chance of recovering deleted text messages on your iPhone 8 successfully.
Either you have an iTunes or iCloud backup, you’ll surely recover the deleted text on iPhone 8 successfully. Basically, you have two solutions, restoring the iPhone with backup or extracting text messages from a backup file. My suggestion is extracting text messages from backup files, avoiding all current data on your iPhone 8 being overwritten. Of course, if you want to recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages without computer, then the only option is to restore your iPhone with backup files. Check out the details below:
Restore iPhone 8 text message with iTunes backup file:
1. Connect your iPhone 8 with your computer and launch iTunes.
2. In the summary window, click "Restore Backup".
3. After then, all iTunes backup files available on your computer are displayed. You need to select the one that contains your iPhone 8 deleted text message and restore your iPhone with it. Please note that after restoring with the backup, the latest data on your iPhone 8 might be lost.
Extract iPhone 8 deleted text messages from iTunes backup file:
The above mentioned iPhone Data Recovery software has 3 recovery modes: scan iPhone for deleted text messages, extract iTunes or iCloud backup to recover deleted data. Here are the steps for how to recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages from the iTunes backup file.
1. Install the iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows on your computer
2. Click the "Recover from iTunes" option in the main window.
3. Next, select the iTunes backup file from the backup file list and click "Scan".
4. Click the "Text messages" in the left panel and check out the details on the right side. Select target text messages and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
If you have backed up your iPhone to iCloud, then you can recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages via iCloud backup.
Restore iPhone 8 deleted text messages with iCloud backup:
1. On your iPhone, go to the "Settings" menu.
2. Tap "General" > "Reset" > "Erase all contents and settings". To restore iPhone 8 deleted text messages with iCloud backup, you first need to erase all data on your iPhone 8 first.
3. Go through the whole erasing process, and then set up your iPhone by selecting "Restore from iCloud Backup " > sign in with your iCloud account > select the iCloud backup file to restore.
Extract iPhone 8 deleted text messages from iCloud backup:
I mentioned the restoring iPhone with the backup will erasing all data while extracting data from iCloud backup has no effect on your iPhone. Here are the steps.
1. Launch the iPhone Data Recovery software and click "Recover from iCloud" option.
2. Sign in your iCloud account, letting the software list all the iCloud backup files for you.
3. Select the iCloud backup which contains iPhone 8 deleted texts, and click "Scan", letting the software extract the texts for you.
4. Check out the target text messages. Select the wanted ones and click "Recover" to save them on your computer
Actually, I have introduced 5 ways for how to recover iPhone 8 deleted text messages. You can choose the one you like. If one does not work, try another one. Data is very important and you’re supposed to back up your iPhone regularly.