How to Recover Data from PS4 Hard Drive in 4 Ways
PS4 is a great video game console that many users around the world play games with it. However, as time passes by, more and more have encountered problems while using PS4. I have shared the information on how to fix the corrupted database on PS4 and how to solve the problem of PS4 not reading external drive. Here in the following, let’s talk about 4 available ways for how to get back deleted data from PS4 hard drive.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Restore Data from PS4 with Cloud
- Part 2. How to Restore Data from PS4 with Backup Files
- Part 3. How to Recover Saved Files/Data on PS4 Hard Drive with Data Recovery Software
- Part 4. Revive PS4 Data By Re-download Games from PlayStation Store
Part 1. How to Restore Data from PS4 with Cloud
PlayStation Plus subscribers have the privilege of using online storage with 100GB, which is able to upload saved PS4 game data to the cloud. After that, users can transfer or download the saved PS4 data back to PS4 or new PS5 devices. That means if you have lost data from PS4, then you can use the online storage uploaded files to get back deleted data for PS4. Here are the steps.
- On PS4, click Settings > Application saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
- Next, click Saved Data in Online Storage > Download to System Storage.
- From the saved file list, select files and click Download. After then, you can see the progress bar or the downloading. Wait patiently for downloading process to finish.
- After that, tap Save to download the files to the PS4 hard drive.
Part 2. How to Restore Data from PS4 with Backup Files
Besides online storage for PS4, another place that saved PS4 data is a USB storage. If you had connected a USB storage with your PS4 and saved PS4 hard drives to the USB storage, then you can recover data from PS4 external hard drive by restoring the backup files.
- Connect the USB storage device which you had backed up PS4 hard drive data to with your PS4 device.
- Go to PlayStation Home Menu > Settings > System > Backup & Restore.
- Click Restore PS4 > then select a backup file from the USB storage device.
- Confirm the restore process when a pop-up tells you that it will restart by clicking "Yes/Restore".
Part 3. How to Recover Saved Files/Data on PS4 Hard Drive with Data Recovery Software
There are many reasons for PS4 data loss, like deletion, factory reset, database corruption, etc. No matter what it is, you must be depressed when the data got lost, right? The quickest way to recover data from PS4 hard drive is by making use of hard drive recovery software, which will scan the PS4 hard drive, and display all the recoverable data for you to restore. It works efficiently.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is such a data recovery tool that can scan PS4, looking for all the recoverable data for you to preview. You can choose the needed data to recover. It is able to scan both PS4 internal and external hard drives (2000+ types of devices) and support over 1000 file types, including pictures, images, documents, and more.
YourBest Software to recover Files from PS4 Hard Drive
- High data recovery success rate, as high as 99.65%.
- 100% secure and easy for individuals to use.
- Recover data from PS4 internal hard drives as well as external hard drives.
- Free to download, install, scan PS4 hard drive and preview recoverable files.
How to Get Back Deleted Data from PS4 with Software
- Connect the PS4 hard drive with your computer on which you’re going to retrieve lost game data on PS4.
- First, download and install iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac or iBeesoft Data Recovery for Windows PC on your computer. It depends on the file system of your computer. After then, launch it.
- In the main window, hover over all the hard drives and locate the PS4 hard drive by clicking the "Scan" button beside it. It means the software begins to scan the PS4 hard drive, looking for lost and deleted files.
- Wait until the scanning process is finished. After then, you can go to the directory, filter found files to preview. Previewing files, it will make sure what you have recovered are what you’re looking for from the PS4 hard drive.
- Select needed data and click "Recover" to save them to a new location on the PS4 hard drive. Don’t resave the files to the original file location, it will cause the data overwritten issues.
Part 4. Revive PS4 Data By Re-download Games from PlayStation Store
The above-mentioned 3 ways are enough for you to get back saved data on PS4. However, if you still failed to retrieve data from the PS4 memory card or hard drive, the last resort it redownloads games from the PlayStation Store. The only drawback is you have to start the game from scratch. It’s the only way to get back your games for PS4. Just sign in to your PS4 account > navigate to PlayStation Store > view the games download history > Download the lost games to your PS4 hard drive.
Though there are 4 ways for how to recover data from PS4 hard drive, the 100% successful way must be restoring the PS4 hard drive with backup files. In this case, you should upload P4S data to online storage (PlayStation Plus subscription needed) or use a USB device to save the PS4 files locally. If no backup file is available, then try data recovery software to recover PS4 data as soon as possible. Otherwise, you might lose the data permanently.
Frequently Asked Questions for PS4 Data Recovery
1. Can PS4 data be recovered?
If you lost the PS4 data due to deletion, hard drive formatting, factory resetting, or anything, then you can recover data from the PS4 with data recovery software or online storage backup. However, if the PS4 is physically damaged, then it’s hard to tell whether you can recover PS4 data or not. The only workable way is using the online storage backup to transfer the PS4 data to another PS4 or PS5 device.
2. How do you get data off a PS4 that won’t turn on?
It depends. If it is an external hard drive for PS4, then you can tear down it from the PS4 USB slot to scan and recover data from it with iBeesoft Data Recovery. If it is an internal hard drive for PS4, you might fail to get data off the PS4.
3. Can you recover a corrupted hard drive PS4?
The most efficient way to recover a corrupted database in PS4 is rebuilding the database. You can click to learn the details.
4. How do I back up my saved data on PS4?
There are 2 options for you to backup saved data on PS4. One is uploading PS4 saved data to online storage(maximized 100GB) and another way is backing up saved data to a USB storage attached with PS4. Here are the steps for each backup respectively.
* Upload saved data on PS4 to online storage:
- First, please note that to use this feature, you must be a PlayStationPlus subscriber.
- Select Settings > Application saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
- Select the saved data you want to back up and click Upload.
You can also backup saved data on PS4 to online storage from Home Screen. Highlight the game and press OPTIONS > Upload/Download Saved Data.
* Backup saved data on PS4 to a USB flash drive:
- Make sure the USB device file system is FAT or exFAT. If not, you should format it first.
- Connect the USB device with your PS4 system by inserting it into the USB port.
- Go to Settings > Application Saved Data Management > Saved Data in System Storage.
- Copy the saved data of the game to the USB storage devices.
5. Does PS4 have cloud saves?
Yes, the PlayStationPlus online storage is the cloud saved. It let you upload saved game data there. Later, you can download or transfer the game's data to another PS4 or PS5.
6. Can you transfer saved data from PS4 to an external hard drive?
Yes, you can transfer saved data from PS4 to the external hard drive. The external hard drive must be a USB device which formatted in FAT and exFAT. You can try to insert the USB device to the USB slot. Some USBs are not usable and some are ok.