How to Convert RAW to NTFS without Losing Data in Windows 11/10
"My hard drive was partitioned into 4 volumes (C, D, E, and H), Recently E: volume suddenly changed from NTFS to RAW. I just see 0 bytes free and used space on it and can’t access it before formatting. Some important data in this driver, so I don’t want to format this volume unless can recover the raw partition files. I would like to seek help to find out the solution for how to convert RAW to NTFS without losing data or how to change file system without formatting in Windows 11/10."
The RAW issue is one of the most annoying issues on the computer, however, is very common. Besides computers, it also may happen on other storage devices, such as hard disk, external hard drive, USB flash drive, SD card, and more. Once the drives or partitions become RAW, it means the storage devices can’t be used to store data, it is also not allowed to open data and file on them. How to fix RAW file system to NTFS without losing data and how to recover files from RAW hard drive also are attracting more and more attention from computer users. This article will detail the conversion of the change file system from RAW to NTFS without losing data.
Why Do You Need Convert from RAW to NTFS without Losing Data?
If your RAW drive adopted the NTFS file system originally, you could convert RAW to NTFS to get access to the disk again. So, most users will format the drive or partition to change RAW to the NTFS file system. However, formatting the RAW drive will delete your all data, which will result in data loss.
A lot of the people who experienced trouble care about the data loss. How to solve this problem? Please don't worry, want to solve the question satisfactorily, there are two things we need to do: get RAW drive data back and convert RAW to NTFS file systems.
Two Steps to Hard Drive/Partition Convert RAW to NTFS without Data Loss
Step 1: Restore RAW Drive Files
Don’t format the RAW drive before recovering data, even the computer pops up "You need to format the disk in drive E: before you can use it.", or you will lose data permanently. Here, we'll use the powerful RAW drive recovery tool - iBeesoft Data recovery to quickly help you find data from RAW partition or drive. It can also recover deleted files from Windows 11, 10, 8, 7, or external removable devices, and can unformat SD card, disk/partition, USB drive etc.
Your Safe & Effective RAW Drive Recovery Tool
- It provides "Deep Scan" mode to ensure full recovery of your image, audio, video, document, archives and other files.
- The best RAW data recovery software completely supported all Windows PC (Windows 11/10/8/7/Vista/XP and Windows Server 2016/2012/2008/2003) and Mac OS X 10.6 and later.
- It is a cost-effective solution to recover any data due to deleted, formatted, emptying recycle bin, drive/partition displays as RAW, access denied, device initialization etc.
- Select your RAW partition/drives and click "Scan" button to recover data from RAW drives.
- When the scan is complete, you can see the lost RAW drive data. Select the data you need and click "Recover" button to save.
Step 2: Fix RAW File System to NTFS with Formatting in Windows 11/10
The easiest way to convert RAW to NTFS file system is to format RAW drive through Disk Management or Windows Explorer. After completing RAW drive recovery, open Disk Management, right click on the RAW drive and select "Format" feature to convert RAW to NTFS in Windows. Then you could see the correct information about RAW drive or volume in Disk Management, the computer can recognize it and you use the RAW volume to store file and data again.
- Right-click the desktop "computer" icon and click "manage".
- Select "Storage" > "Disk Management" on the left side of the screen.
- Set the file system to NTFS, assign it a volume label, and click Start.
When the computer could list the RAW drive correctly, it means RAW issue is fixed, we can access it. So, you successfully performed convert raw to ntfs without losing data.