Top 10 Best Hard Disk Repair Software [FREE/PAID]
We inevitably encounter hard disk damage when we use a computer for a long time. It is manifested as denial of access, slow reading speed, data loss, system crash/blue screen, etc. If so, we have compiled the top ten best hard disk repair software to fix it without data loss.
Disk repair software must detect the problem with the hard disk and fix it in time according to the symptoms. For example, it supports recovering data for accidental deletion, virus or malware attack, formatting, system crash, and lost partition under various scenarios.
As a result, while you are looking for the best hard drive repair software, monitor the below factors:-
- Disk Management: It should have the functions of resizing partitions, secure erase, clone, Rebuilding MBR, converting to G.P.T./Dynamic, updating driver program, system migration, etc.
- Hard Disk Repair: It can repair damaged sectors, wrong file system, MBR, or master boot record.
- Disk Monitoring: It can self-monitor, analyze, and report technology, also known as S.M.A.R.T.
- Hard Drive Optimization: It can clean junk/temp files, defrag, and optimize the registry to boost its performance.
- Hard Disk Backup: It can regularly create copies of important files, apps, and O.S. to avoid data loss or computer can not start problems.
- Hard Drive Data Recovery: No matter how the files disappear, it can help you get them back.
Different types of techniques are a part of disk repair. You can choose the corresponding program according to the symptoms or needs of your hard drive.
- iBeesoft Data Recovery – Best For Hard Drive/Partition Recovery
- MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition – Best Disk Management Software
- Acronis Cyber Protect - Best Backup software
- HDD Regenerator Shell - Best HDD Bad Sector Repair Tool
- Defraggler - Best Free Defrag Software
- HDD Scan – Best Hard Disk Health Monitoring Software
- Testdisk – Best Open-Source Data Recovery Software
- CloneZilla – Best Open-Source Disk Cloning Tool
- Seagate SeaTools – Best For Hard Drive Testing
- CheckDisk – Best CHKDSK Alternative
Suppose you're tired of dealing with data loss problems and looking for reliable and safe third-party software to recover data from a corrupt hard drive. In that case, iBeesoft Data Recovery software is made for you. It's the top leading professional hard disk recovery tool available online. It offers top-class solutions to recover deleted files from a hard disk, USB flash drive, external hard drive, etc.
Most importantly, it doesn't demand proficient knowledge to operate this. This tool's user-friendly interface and intelligent functions make everything feasible for you. For example, it can repair your damaged files during the search procedure. Moreover, you can also recover your permanently deleted documents with external & internal disks.
- Recover data from your damaged hard drive
- Beginners are free to operate its easy-to-use interface
- Version is accessible for both Windows and Mac users
- Ability to restore all partially destroyed files
- The free version only recovers limited data.
MiniTool Partition Wizard is also popularly regarded as an all-in-one tool to ensure the health of your hard disk and repair it accordingly. It performs a fantastic job because of its exclusively designed user interface and beneficial features. It functions like an in-built Windows Disk Management tool.
It can work for hard drive repair, sector editing, O.S. migration, boot disk creation, etc. Also, it's safe to use. To enjoy a few advanced features, it charges you a penny. But if you plan to use the software for business purposes, sticking to the workstation license or the free version is sufficient.
- It's the epitome of top features for complicated drive health and partition management.
- The free version works well with the tools of Windows disk repair
- Simple but catchy user interface
- It doesn't require training for smooth operation
- Business versions are pretty expensive.
- You may have to consider the other alternatives because of the price constraint of the premium version.
Acronis Cyber Protect is a leading backup software provider for consumers and businesses. Its solutions include physical, virtual, and cloud server backup. It can ensure that all your essential data, including images, music, documents, and applications, are adequately protected and can be quickly recovered during any disaster. It also enables full backup and migration of applications and operating systems to a new computer.
It supports one-click backup/restore operations, and users can also view the related backup content, backup status, file size, and backup progress with one click. Acronis Cyber Protect is compatible with Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices.
- Backup and restore speed is super fast: more than 200% faster than GHOST
- Supports backup to dedicated hidden partition/cloud storage
- Comprehensive data management and control capabilities to ensure backups do not interfere with computer performance
- It's expensive
- Fully functional but potentially distracting.
HDD Regenerator Shell is special software that can bring a hard drive back to life. It can remove the bad physical sectors on the surface of the hard disk, not hide them, but repair them! It regenerates the bad sectors by reversing the magnetism. It can improve unreadable corrupted data without affecting existing files.
Before repairing the hard drive, you can create a USB boot disk in advance to restore the operating system. However, its operation needs to be carried out under the BIOS, which may be difficult for novices to use.
- Quickly detect hard drive problems
- Friendly and intuitive user interface
- Works only on Windows PCs
Defraggler is a lightweight defragmentation tool that can defragment a disk, folder, or even a file quickly and efficiently. It is small in size, robust in function, completely free, supports multiple languages, and is favored by many users. It can also check the hard disk, like the Check Disk command of Windows.
- The finishing effect is good, and the speed is fast.
- It supports directory and file organization.
- Can run in a minimally configured PE environment
- The APFS and exFat file systems are not supported
If you want to prevent your hard drive from severe data loss and damage, use HDD Scan. It monitors the disk correctly and assesses them for any potential errors. In addition, HDD scans can efficiently read & write tests to find out the performance of your hard drive, along with additional advanced checks to conduct a more in-depth study.
It also features a temperature monitor, so it becomes easy for users to keep a check on how hot their hard drives are currently running. It makes you aware of the health of your hard drive and predicts its lifetime for the near future.
- Exporting SMART reports
- Portable design because it doesn't require installation
- It gives you an option to access your command prompt
- It doesn't guide users on how to get started with the tool.
Testdisk is considered a cheap hard drive fixer, and it is free to operate, having been open-source to facilitate proper customization. It is specific in purpose, which is to recover compromised or lost partitions and fix the drives that won't boot properly. Instead, it works with many file kinds and operating systems successfully.
It can quickly fix partition tables, boot sector recovery, and restore deleted variations for F.A.T. and NTFS file systems. It also repairs M.F.T. It uses a command-line interface that makes learning tricky for beginners in the tech world.
- Offers open-source and free full version
- One of the most effective recovery solutions
- Includes numerous drive recovery properties such as rebuilding the boot sector
- It doesn't need too many resources to function correctly.
- The command-line interface is not suitable for beginners in this field
- Requires proper training to operate the tool
CloneZilla is a leading disk cloning and imaging software whose primary target is the advanced users that know how to operate Linux-based software with a limited user interface. Being a hard drive repair tool, it demands some foresight because you must do backups regularly in case your hard drive troubleshoots issues.
If you properly manage that, CloneZilla can restore your backups to various storage mediums. It also features mass cloning that assists users in creating clones of the drive to multiple devices together. Finally, it facilitates the creation of different backups of important information.
- You can enjoy the accessible version of this software
- Commendable cloning features and chock full of imaging
- Open source design improves customization
- Extremely lightweight
- It only functions as a hard drive repair alternative if you have already previously created a clone or backup.
- Only accessible for advanced users
SeaTools is a standard HDD repair tool made by famous hard disk manufacturer Seagate. It features two individual versions: DOS and Windows edition. The Windows version is more suitable for beginners because of its easy user interface. SeaTools is progressive for advanced commands.
The primary role of the program is to quickly scan hard drives to fix any errors or issues capable of being repaired. In addition, it features in-depth information about the hard disk that many other tools overlook. Despite being developed by Seagate, it works well with any hard drive, irrespective of the manufacturer.
- The Windows of SeaTool are straightforward to operate
- The quick and comprehensive scanning process
- Easy to repair your hard drives in comparison to Windows display
- It gives detailed information about your hard disk
- Average users find the D.O.S. edition very technical
- The user interface is not very pretty
Without getting confused with your chkdsk software, in-built into your Windows OS, CheckDisk is a free disk repair tool that properly scans removable drives, hard drives, bad sectors, and C.D.s/DVDs for issues. It can examine two modes: Standard and Full. The whole mode is comparatively more comprehensive, allowing the detection of bad sectors.
You can set your program for repairing the drive after it restarts, just like how chkdsk functions. It can run efficiently compared to chkdsk because it has an excellent user interface, although, at times, few users have reported the freezing of repair procedures.
- Diminutive file size and cheap resource requirement
- Scan to detect any error on hard drives and bad sectors
- Easy and interactive user interface
- Great for beginners
- Reported examples to free during the ongoing repair procedure
- All the functions are similar to chkdsk.
Whether you look forward to repairing your errors on the hard drive, restoring a corrupted hard disk, or creating day-to-day backups to ensure that the critical information remains secure, they can help you maintain and monitor the health of the storage medium and keep data safe.
Using the above best hard drive repair software can efficiently resolve all problems with the disk. To ensure a safe process and recover your data, it's recommended to use the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool.
The Hard drive repair tools are helping users comprehensively protect the drive's data security and repair errors. When your hard drive denies access, data loss, or slow reading, you can use them to help you fix the problem.
You can try the following commands to fix logical disk errors and damaged sectors.
- Enter the command prompt in the start menu's search bar. Tap on run as administrator.
- Type "chkdsk C:/f/r" to fix errors on the disk. F is your drive letter.
- Run command prompt as administrator
- Type "chkdsk [your drive letter]:/f" to repair corrupt file system.
For Windows PC: Select the disk and right-click, go to Properties > Tools > Check.
For macOS: Open Disk Utility, choose target drive and click First Aid.
- Deny access to folder/partition
- The system does not recognize your hard drive.
- Frequent crashes/software crashes
- Data reading is slow.