How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac from Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Opera
You must need to update your bookmarks after a while since there are some useless websites you want to clean up. Here in the following, we’re going to talk about how to delete bookmarks on Mac, including deleting bookmarks on Safari, Chrome, Opera, and Firefox. Check out the details below for how to delete bookmarks on a MacBook or iMac.
Part #1: How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac Safari
Safari is the in-built browser on a Mac PC. When you bookmark a website on Safari, you can have them displayed on the menu bar of your browser or categorize them in folders. You can also easily delete them with a few steps. So how do you delete bookmarks on Mac Safari?
- Click the ‘Safari’ icon on your Mac PC and launch the browser.
- Click the ‘Bookmarks’ option on the Safari menu and click ‘Edit Bookmarks’. The browser will display all the bookmarked pages.
- Select the bookmarks you want to delete and proceed to click the ‘Delete’ button to remove the selected bookmark. It’s also possible to select multiple bookmarks and click the ‘Delete’ key on your Mac computer.
If you would like to delete all bookmarks from your computer at the same time, check out the steps below.
- Follow steps 1-2 above and click ‘Edit’.
- Next, click ‘Select All’
- Click the ‘Delete’ button to remove all Safari’s bookmarked pages from your Mac PC.
Part #2: How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac Chrome
You can delete bookmarks on Mac Chrome through the Chrome Bookmark Manager. Here is how to remove websites from bookmarks on Mac Chrome.
- Launch Google Chrome on your Mac computer and click ‘Bookmarks’ on the top menu.
- Click on the ‘Bookmark Manager’ menu and browse through the list to find the bookmarks that you want to delete.
- Click the ‘Delete’ button to delete the unwanted bookmarks from your Mac Chrome.
You can also delete all bookmarks at once from Mac Chrome by following the steps below.
- Hold the ‘Command’ key and select all the bookmarked pages.
- Hold the ‘Control’ key and click on ‘Delete’. This will remove all bookmarked pages on your Mac Chrome.
Part #3: How to Delete Bookmarks on Mac Opera
You can also remove bookmark pages on your Mac Opera browser. Below are the steps on how to clear bookmarks on Macbook pro and other versions of Mac computers:
- Open the Mac Opera browser and click on the ‘Menu’ option at the top right corner.
- Select the ‘Bookmarks’ option to open the bookmark manager on Opera.
- Double-click on the bookmark folder and select the bookmarks that you want to remove.
- Click the ‘Delete’ button to delete the selected bookmarked pages.
You can also delete all bookmarked pages on your Mac PC by selecting all bookmarks. Next, click on the ‘Delete’ key to remove all bookmarks at once from your computer.
Part #4: How to Delete All Bookmarks on MacBook with Terminal
You can also find a bookmark feature in the Mac terminal. When you type on your PC, the feature bookmarks what you have typed automatically. If you don’t want to have these bookmarked stored on your PC, here is how to delete all bookmarks on Macbook pro.
- Navigate to the Terminal Panel and you will see the list of all bookmarked lines.
- Highlight all the bookmarks and if you don’t want to delete all, simply select the ones that you want to delete.
- Press the ‘Delete’ key to remove all the bookmarks or the selected ones from your PC.
Part #5: How to Delete All Bookmarks on Mac Finder
It’s also possible to remove all bookmarks on Mac Finder and speed up the performance of your Mac PC. Here is how to delete bookmarks from the toolbar on a Mac.
- The first step is to find the bookmark file. To do this, open Finder and type in ‘Finder Bookmarks’ in the search space.
- Select the Finder Bookmarks from the generated list and click to open the folder.
- It will display all file names, locations, and sizes of the files. You can select multiple files or the entire files. Next, click the ‘Delete’ button.
- You will be prompted to confirm the deletion with ‘Yes’. Click the ‘Yes’ button to remove the bookmarks on Mac Finder.
Part #6: Tips: How to Sync Chrome Bookmarks with Safari on Mac
It has been reported that many people use Google Chrome to browse more than Safari on their Mac PC. When it comes to bookmarks, both Safari and Chrome store bookmarks online, which makes it easy to sync both bookmarked pages between both browsers. In this part, we will look at how to sync Google Chrome bookmarks with Safari. There are two ways to do this and these are highlighted below.
Method 1: Export Bookmarks as an HTML File and Import to Safari Manually
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and choose ‘Import From’.
- Next, select ‘Google Chrome’ and then ‘Bookmarks HTML File’. Since Safari can detect that Chrome is installed, it will import the bookmarks to Safari directly.
Method 2: Import Chrome Bookmarks on Safari Directly
To synch Chrome bookmarks with Safari on Mac, you can also use this method. To do this,
- Click on the menu button and select ‘Bookmarks’.
- Next, select ‘Import From’ and then ‘Chrome’. This will import the bookmarked pages from Safari and sync with Chrome.
Part #7: Clean up Mac and make Performance Better
In addition to knowing how to delete bookmarks on Safari on Mac, you should also know how to keep your Mac clean. To maintain the best performance of your Mac, you should clean up all junks and we recommend the iBeesoft iCleaner for this. This tool is designed to clean up hard drives, remove junk files, and speed up performance on a Mac computer.
Your Safe & Effective Reomve Bookmarks Software
- It’s integrated with the latest and most advanced technology to clean junk files on a Mac PC.
- It cleans every junk file categories, including system/user/application junk, temp data, cache files, and more.
- It has a simple user interface and doesn’t require any experience to use.
- It ensures optimal performance of the Mac PC at all times and can also protect the privacy of data.
Guide on How to Clean up Mac easily and efficiently
- Download and install iBeesoft iCleaner for Mac and launch the software. Next, click on the ‘Start Analyze’ button to start analyzing the junk files on your PC.
- After the scanning, the program will display the list of the junk file types as well as the storage space they’re taking. Click the file icons to select all junk files.
- Click on ‘Clean Junk’ to remove all junk files from your Mac PC.
This article has highlighted the different methods on how to remove the bookmarks tab on Mac. It went further to provide a guide on how to maintain the optimal performance of your Mac PC.