How to Clear Cache on Mac
To make your Mac run faster or clean up storage for new files, you must have deleted useless files or transfer them to the cloud service or external hard drive, right? The fact is that no matter how you delete files, how you use your Mac, caches are everywhere on your computer. Because of caches, you can access to files or applications quickly and get the wanted data. It performs like a shortcut to a task you do regularly. However, as time passes by, the old cache files pile up and clutter the system folder, slow down your Mac, and what worse, crash your Mac system. Horrible, right? Learn how to clear cache files on Mac right now!
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Clear All Cache Files on Mac Quickly and Effectively
- Part 2. How to Clear Cache Files on Mac Manually (Time-consuming)
Part 1. How to Clear All Cache Files on Mac Quickly and Effectively
First and for the most, to save your time to look for caches to clear on Mac, say user caches or application caches, you should make full use of Mac cache cleaner. Software is developed to simplify the user’s life, right? Why not clear cache files on Mac with a professional Mac cleaner?
There aren’t as many software as other types than Mac cleaner software tools available on the Internet. To clean up Mac caches, i’d like to recommend you iBeesoft iCleaner, a profession tool to clean Mac, saving more spaces and make your Mac perform better. Here are some of its main features for cleaning up Mac:
Your Safe & Effective Cache Cleaning Software for Mac
- Developed with the latest technology to find cache files on your Mac, list them for you to remove.
- Enable users to clean the application and user’s cache files on Mac easily and quickly.
- Support to clean up your Mac junk files, downloads, mail attachments, temp files and more or solve startup disk full on Mac. Protect your privacy by making your Mac clean and tidy.
Here are the simple steps for how to clean all cache files on Mac easily with iBeesoft iCleaner.
- Download and install the cache cleaner for Mac
- Analyze Cache files on Mac
- Clean cache files on iMac/MacBook Pro/Air
Click the DOWNLOAD button to get the installation package of the cache cleaner for Mac software. After then, install it on your Mac. Please make sure you’ve enabled the system preferences as "install apps from trusted sources and App Store" since the software is not available at App Store yet.
Launch the cache file clean Mac software and click the "Start Analyze" button at the lower part of the tool, letting the program scan your Mac cache files as well as other junk files, mail attachments, bash history and more for you.
When it finished the analyzing, you can see it list all junk file types as well as the file size. Please note that caches files on Mac are in System Junk, Application Junk and User Junk. To find the cache files, click to open each file type and check the cache file folder. After then, close the window, and click the "Clean Junk" button in the main window to clean the cache on Mac.
Part 2. How to Clear Cache Files on Mac Manually (Time-consuming)
Whether you want to recover cache files on iMac, MacBook Pro, air, instead of telling you how to clean cache with Mac Terminal, I would like to share with your simpler ways to clear cache files on Mac manually. After all, not everybody knows how to make use of the Command line.
How to Clean user cache files on Mac
- Press Shift, Command and G to bring out the Go to the folder window.
- Type in ~/Library/Caches/ and press Return. After then, you can see all cache files folders.
- Select all the unwanted files and folders, drag and drop them to the trash can.
How to Clear Cache Files in Safari: launch Safari and click the Clear History in the "Safari" menu. Please note that by cleaning history for sure it clean cache files in Safari, but your history is gone. If you have an important history, please add it to the bookmark.