Have you deleted a folder mistakenly on your Windows 7 computer or laptop? Do not worry, as you can get back the deleted folder easily. In this article, you will learn the four different ways that help you recover deleted folder Windows 7.
Deleting a folder permanently results in data loss. You would be using either the "Shift + Delete" button or emptying the "Recycle Bin". If you did perform such an action, then it is vital to learn how to recover permanently deleted folders in Windows 7 at the earliest.
The sooner the action you take, the better! You cannot recover the permanently deleted folders once new data overwritten on the deleted space on the hard disk. Every time you erase a file or folder from your computer, there is a space created. The next time you create data, Windows will use this space to save the file/folder. It, thus, overwrites the content, after which get back the deleted files and folders becomes impossible.
The recommended software that comes to your aid to recover deleted folder Windows 7 no in recycle bin is iBeesoft Data Recovery. Irrespective of the cause and reason for the loss of the folder, the software is powerful to retrieve it in a few simple steps. The robust algorithm uses a file recovery expert that scans your computer deeply and lists all the recoverable folders and files.
The software gained immense popularity for offering the finest and easiest way to get back the deleted content. The software’s unique feature is its ability to organize the retrievable files according to the file format. Such a step helps you choose the preferred folder according to the need, select the important files or the entire folder, and recover. The significant features of iBeesoft Data Recovery software are as follows:
The following guide will help you with the process of using iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover the deleted folder from Windows 7. However, ensure to install the trial copy of the software, which you can get from the official website, before starting with the below steps.
1. After installation, start the best data recovery software for Windows 7 by clicking the icon from the desktop. The window will show you the different file formats it retrieves and helps you choose the one according to the need. You can select all the file variants or pick the important one and press the "Start" button at the center.
2. In the next window, iBeesoft will ask you to choose the scan location. It will display hard drive partitions and other external drives connected to your computer. From the list available, select the path from where you lost the folder. It will help the software to scan for the deleted folder. Press the "Scan" button to continue with scanning after selecting the path.
3. iBeesoft will complete the scan depending on the file format selected and the number of files present in the folder. Upon completion, the software for recover deleted files in Windows 7 will list all the recoverable files arranged according to file format and folder.
Selecting a folder from the tree directory will open the files at the center pane. You can further select the required files by viewing the content using the preview of the content on the window’s right side.
Selecting a file will show the contents on the right side. Using this method is advisable if you are considering recovering only a few files. However, you can select the entire folder that you deleted accidentally and press the "Recover" button to get back all the content safely. After then you can create a new folder to save the deleted files.
Note: You can further use the "Deep Scan" mode available if you think there are additional files present on the computer. Note that the process is time taking, for it scans sector-by-sector.
If you are seeking the answer for how to recover deleted folders in Windows 7 without software, then the following process is helpful. However, remember that the method is effective only when you have deleted the folder using the "Delete" key but not the "Shift + Delete" key that leads to permanent deletion.
1. Open the "Recycle Bin" on your Windows 7 computer or laptop.
2. Identify the folder you deleted and like to restore.
3. Right-click on the folder and press the "Restore" button to send the folder back to its original location.
1. Click the Start button symbol and navigate to the partition containing the deleted folder.
2. Right-click on the folder once you have identified the folder containing the deleted folder. Choose "Restore previous versions". If the deleted folder is at the top level of the drive, for instance, C:\, right-click the same and click on the "Restore previous versions". You will see a list of the previous versions of the folder.
3. If you have deleted a folder today, choose the version from yesterday, which will have all the data in the folder.
You can recover deleted folder from Recycle Bin Windows 7 if you have created a backup of your computer. Use the following steps below to get back the deleted folder from Windows 7 backup:
1. Click the Start button and navigate to the Control Panel.
2. Open the System and Security feature and select "Backup and Restore".
3. Click the "Restore my files" button under the "Restore" option.
4. You will see a pop-up window open from where you must select the location. Choose the "Browse for folders" features as shown in the figure.
As you can see, there are different ways to retrieve the deleted folder in Windows 7. You can use the other recovery methods based on how you lost the folder. Nonetheless, opting for the recovery software is ideal because it allows you to get back permanently deleted content.
iBeesoft Data Recovery is an excellent product. It helps you scan for the missing files and folders quickly. Likewise, you can select the preferred file format and begin scanning. The organization of the files according to the file format helps you to recover the deleted folder quickly. Besides, the Deep Scan mode also comes to the aid if you think additional files are residing on the computer.