Top 5 Recuva Alternative for Mac Free Download
"I accidentally deleted some memorable family pictures last day and after searching online I found Recuva a free data recovery tool for PC. But I am not able to find Recuva for Mac. Does Recuva work on Mac?"
Recuva is a famous data recovery tool that’s used on Windows operating system. It helps users recover their lost and deleted files. Does Recuva work on Mac? Recuva is developed by keeping in mind that it will be used on Windows operating system but unfortunately it’s not available for Mac. So, unfortunately, if you are having issues like data loss, accidental deletion, drive formatted or any other data loss scenario you can’t use Recuva on Mac. Users search a lot about Recuva for Mac on the internet as there’s no Recuva Mac version or neither any free Mac data recovery tool. But it doesn’t mean that we can’t perform Mac data recovery.
There are plenty of amazing and professional alternatives software for Mac Recuva that performs efficient Mac data recovery. In the below part of this article, you will get a brief list of the top 5 Recuva alternatives for Mac and what they are offering.
Top 5 Recuva Alternatives for Mac
Being a Mac user you can’t download or either install Recuva on your Mac but there is a Recuva alternative for Mac that provides better results, effectiveness, higher data recovery rates, supports more file formats, and is more reliable than Recuva for Mac. Let’s check them one by one.
1. iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac
Looking for a tool that can recover your deleted or lost data on Mac within a few clicks? iBeesoft is our favorite and is one of the tools that work very well on Mac for restoring deleted files, no matter how the data was deleted. It has the fastest algorithms that enable iBeesoft for Mac to recover data at a higher rate and as many files as possible.
It’s the professional and easiest Mac data recovery tool that’s unable to recover data from your Mac’s hard disk and other digital data storage devices without affecting the existing data stored. It supports almost all the file types that are used by a common Mac user such as video, audio, pictures, documents, and archives, etc. Here is the list of features offered by iBeesoft Data Recovery for Mac.
- Easily recover deleted or lost partitions on Mac.
- Supports raw drive data recovery.
- Recover data from devices affected by virus attacks.
- Retrieve data from hardware crashed, software reinstalled, and other causes.
- Offers file previews before restoring them.
- Deep scan mode enables the recovery of data in depth.
- The User interface is friendly and easy to use.
- Can be used to retrieve lost data from other peripheral devices such as external hard drive and USB drive etc.
- Enable to recover all types of files.
- Let you recover folder structures as well.
- Scanning will take much time if you are not specific about which files you want to recover.
2. Wondershare Recoverit
Wondershare Recoverit is another alternative to Recuva for Mac. It was released in 2003 and till now its performance is amazing and customers all around the world get the worth of their purchasing price. This data recovery tool is available for Mac as well as Windows operating system and one can use it as Recuva alternative Mac. It can recover all file formats and types such as audio, images, videos, and documents as well.
This tool enables you to not only recover data on a Mac but also you can use it anytime whenever you lost or deleted some files on a data storage device such as a USB flash drive or external hard disk. It has a lot more features to offer such as described below:
- Offers efficient file scanning and sorting once data is recovered.
- Supports all the data types that are widely used by Mac users.
- System crash recovery is supported as well.
- Easy to navigate and comes with more than one recovery option.
- Simple and easy data recovery process.
- Get a preview of files before storing them on your device.
- Support all types of disk-based data storage devices.
- Doesn’t offer data protection tools.
- The Trail version comes with a very tiny amount of features.
3. iBatsoft Mac Data Recovery
It’s a smooth and reliable data recovery software that works on Mac to help the user retrieve their deleted/lost photos, videos, documents, archives, and many other types of files. iBatsoft data recovery is not only limited to Mac’s storage despite this it can recover data from other data storage devices such as USB drives, SD cards, Macintosh HD, and many more.
Whether your data was deleted due to a system crash, wrong partition, or hardware failure you can still restore it within few clicks using iBatsoft data recovery. It has a lot of features to offer and some are listed below:
- Easily recover perform drive recovery.
- Restore files and folders back to your device.
- Restore data from a Raw and formatted partition.
- Technical support is offered for solving problems related to the tool.
- It’s a really simple and easy-to-use tool for everyone.
- Supports a variety of file formats.
- Deliver excellent results.
- Two data recovery modes for maximum results.
- Files can’t be if the scanning is in process.
- Sometimes scanning takes longer than usual.
4. Disk Drill Data Recovery for Mac
Disk Drill makes data recovery a matter of clicks and it’s another best Recuva for Mac alternative. You just have to hit the Recover button and Disk Drill will start the scanning process using its algorithms that are made specifically for data recovery purposes. The team of brilliant developers behind the Disk Drill is always working hard to improve its quality.
The cost of the Disk Drill isn’t much and you can also avail the limited version for testing purposes. But Pro versions are always better and provide more efficient results. It comes with a variety of features some of them are listed below:
- Use the latest technologies and algorithms.
- You can also view files in the free trial version as rarely offered in other tools in the free version.
- It almost supports 400 file formats.
- Works efficiently on both Mac and Windows.
- Deep scan features.
- Latest and modern user interface.
- Efficient data recovery rate and performance.
- The trial version doesn’t offer full features.
- You can only preview files in trial version but can’t recover them
5. Tenorshare 4DDiG Mac Data Recovery
This is widely used and popular among Mac users for recovering data including, documents, videos, photos, and many other file types. It can restore and recover data on your Mac, camera, Hard Drive, USB drive, and other data storage devices.
It’s secure and reliable to use and won’t affect the other data saved on your devices. Some of the features are listed below:
- No technical information is required as you are just three clicks away from getting your data back.
- Easily restores all deleted or lost data from Mac-based gadgets such as a Camera, SD Card, and USB drive.
- It’s smooth, quicker, and reliable to use.
- More than one language is supported.
- Additional tools are provided for the disc.
- Modern UI and friendly user interface.
- The free version isn’t offering features only a few features.
- You can’t recover files as you can just preview them.
Recuva is well known on Windows-based computers for its data recovery performance but if you are a Mac user there are other Recuva alternatives for Mac. You can read about them in the above section and choose anyone which suits your needs.