Contacts Disappeared on iPhone - Fix It
There are now several social media apps to help you connect with others, but most of us still prefer calling someone when there is something urgent and important. What if your iPhone contacts disappeared? It would surely be a maddening situation.
The unfortunate reality is, common iOS problems we encounter are due to our own mistake - accidental deletion. But, there could be other reasons also for contacts to disappear from your iPhone.
- iOS or Software update
- Jailbreaking the device
- A device running out of storage
- And a lot more
Whether all contacts or some contacts disappeared on iPhone, the good news is that there are ways to get back missing iPhone contacts with ease. Luckily, you are in the right place to explore all the possible ways you can try to restore your disappeared contacts from iPhone. So, let’s try and find out which works for you.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. 5 Ways to Recover Disappeared iPhone Contacts
- Part 2. Tips for How to Fix It when iPhone Contact Names Disappeared
- Part 3. Tips for how to fix it when iPhone Contact Photos Disappeared
Part 1. 5 Ways to Recover Disappeared iPhone Contacts
When it comes to recovering missing iPhone contacts, there are five ways to get the job done. Therefore, no worries if you end up losing you some contacts from iPhone as we can help you recover deleted contacts on iPhone through the following methods.
Method 1: Restore Contacts that Disappeared from iPhone Directly
If you’re looking for the easiest and effective way for your problem, "all my contacts disappeared iPhone" to get fixed, look no further from iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery. With this all-in-one iOS data recovery solution, getting back missing contacts from iPhone is no more hassle. You can use the software to scan your device to locate and get back the disappeared contacts in no time.
Your Effective iPhone Contact Recovery Program
- Find more than 20 file types from iPhone including contacts, messages, photos, videos, etc.
- Able to get data back from iPhone in three ways - from iPhone directly, from iTunes backup and from iCloud backup.
- Restore from various data loss scenarios including accidental deletion, software update, system crash, etc.
- Fully compatible to retrieve files from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. Click-through fix iPhone contacts disappeared process.
Here’s the simple guide to learn how to use iBeesoft iPhone data recovery for Mac or Windows software to find disappeared contacts from iPhone directly.
- Connect the iPhone to PC
- Scan the device
- Preview and recover disappeared contacts from iPhone
After downloading and installing the software, run it and connect your iPhone to a computer using a digital cable. Then, select the "Recover from iOS device" feature.
Once you click the "Start" button, the software will start scanning the connected device to look for missing contacts and let you show the scanned results in a while.
Finally, you can preview the recoverable files and go to the "Contacts" section to select the desired contacts you want to restore. Hit the "Recover" button to get them back on your computer.
Method 2: Recover after Contacts Disappeared on iPhone by extractingiTunes backup
Many iOS users backup their device’s data with iTunes. Therefore, if you’re one of those users using iTunes to backup your iPhone on a regular basis, then you can extract the missing contacts from iTunes backup. And iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery can help you to do that in a trouble-free manner.
Get the problem, my iPhone contacts disappeared fixed by following the below steps.
- Run iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery and choose "Recover from iTunes backup" feature. In a while, the software will detect and show all of your iTunes backup files. Choose the one containing your missing contacts and hit the "Scan" button.
- Preview iPhone contacts. Once the scan completes, preview the recoverable files and select the desired contacts. And hit on "Recover" button to get the disappeared contacts back on your system.
Method 3: Retrieve Disappeared contacts from iPhone by extracting from iCloud backup
There are some users who prefer taking a backup of their iPhone using the "backup iCloud" feature available on the iPhone. If you have also enabled this feature, then you can recover your missing contacts by extracting contacts from iPhone by iCloud backup file.
- Sign in to your iCloud account
- Select the backup file
- Preview and restore iPhone disappeared contacts
Run iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery and choose "Recover from iCloud backup" feature. Next, sign-in to your iCloud account to extract backup files.
Now, the software lets you select the backup file containing your missing contacts and download it. Choose the most recent one.
Finally, preview and select the target contacts you would like to recover and hit on "Recover" button to get them back on your computer.
Method 4: How to Recover Disappeared iPhone by Restoring from iTunes Backup
You can also get back your missing iPhone contacts by restoring from iTunes backup through iTunes itself. Many users still prefer to use iTunes itself to get the problem "my contacts disappeared from my iPhone" resolved. If you too prefer to do in that way, follow the below steps.
- Run iTunes and connect your iPhone to the computer using a digital cable.
- Once iTunes detects the device, click the device icon.
- Then, go to the "Summary" panel and click on "Restore backup" under the backup section. Finally, select the most recent backup file and wait for the process to complete.
- No need to install any additional third-party tool
- Easy and simple process
- Time-consuming process
- Chances of encountering the issue during the process
- Erase the existing device’s data to perform the restore
Method 5: How to Recover Disappeared iPhone by Restoring from iCloud Backup
To recover disappeared iPhone contacts by restoring from iCloud backup, follow the below steps.
- On your iPhone, go to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Erase All Content and Settings" to erase the device.
- Once the device is erased, turn it and follow on-screen instructions to set up the device. Upon reaching the "Apps & Data" screen, select "Restore from iCloud backup".
- Now, log-in to your iCloud account and select the most recent backup file to start restoring the data including missing contacts from the backup file to your iPhone.
- Able to find contacts on iPhone itself
- No additional software is required
- Time-consuming process
- Need a strong and reliable internet connection
- Wipe out the entire existing device data
Part 2. Tips for How to Fix It when iPhone Contact Names Disappeared
If you have encounter missing contacts names issue on your iPhone, the following tips can help you resolve the problem.
- Reset network connections on your iPhone - Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Let Siri help you find the iPhone contact names
- Turn contacts off/on on iCloud - Go to Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > Toggle Contacts off. In a while, turn it back on.
- Restart the iPhone and sign-out of your iCloud account and sign-in back after a while.
Part 3. Tips for how to fix it when iPhone Contact Photos Disappeared
Many users recently reported about photos inserted in contacts disappear and how to fix it. If you’re too looking for the solution to this problem, try the following tips.
- Reboot your device
- Toggle contacts off/on on iCloud
That’s all on what you can do to fix iPhone contacts disappeared 2022. We hope that our guide has helped you get back your desired missing contacts from iPhone. However, iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is the only solution to help you recover your disappeared iPhone contacts without erasing the device. Try it for free and rescue your important contacts from iPhone now.