Full Guide for How to Recover Data from iCloud Backup/Account/to iPhone/Android Phones
When talking about iCloud, the first impression of iCloud is cloud service, which is used to store files. However, iCloud is more than that. It’s also a method to help people retrieve lost and deleted files, transferring files from macOS/iOS to iPhone/Android devices. Here in the following, let’s explore how to recover data from iCloud backup, recover data from iCloud to iPhone, Recover data from iCloud to Android devices.
Part 1. How to Recover Data from iCloud Account
You can log in iCloud account on any Apple device, like iPhone, MacBook, iPad, Android devices as well as Windows computer, which name you can access to all iCloud data on all the devices.
For iPhone and iPad, go to Settings > tap Sign in your device > enter your Apple ID. After then, tap your name and you will see the option iCloud. Scroll down and tap iCloud backup as well as manage what kind of data you’d prefer to sync with your iCloud account. By doing this, if your iOS device doesn’t contain any iCloud files, then the files will be synced to your iPhone and iPad.
For iMac and MacBook, click the Apple logo on the top right and select System Preferences. Click iCloud > login in with your iCloud account. After then, check the checkbox which data you want to recover from your iCloud account to your Mac.
For Android and Windows PC, you can also find the iCloud app or access it. However, my suggestion is to use the web browser to log in to iCloud by opening www.icloud.com. After then, you can see all the photos, contacts, notes, reminders, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, etc. You can select the needed files, export or download them to your computer or Android devices.
Let me put it in a word. Recovering data from the iCloud account is quite simple and easy. For iOS and macOS devices, you can access to iCloud account directly by logging in and getting the files synced to your device. For Android and Windows PC users, open the iCloud official site to get the files off iCloud.
Part 2. How to Recover Data from iCloud to iPhone
Method 1. Enable iCloud in iPhone Settings and sync data from iCloud to iPhone. You can check the details.
Method 2. Restore iPhone with an iCloud backup. This method is very helpful when there is an error for your iPhone and you want to get it to work properly without losing any data. Here are the steps.
- Click Settings on iPhone > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Wait for the erasing process to finish.
- When it goes to set up your iPhone, you need to select Restore from iCloud Backup > log in with your iCloud account > select an iCloud backup that contains the data you need for your iPhone and finish the restoring process.
Method 3. Extract iCloud Backup Data for iPhone
Both method 1 and method 2 have the side effect, that’s is removing the existing data on iPhone. If you want to avoid this, try data recovery software for iCloud to extract data from iCloud. After then, you can select needed files from the iCloud backup and transfer them to your iPhone.
iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery is a professional and trustworthy tool for this purpose. It will recover deleted files from iCloud backup to iPhone. Here are the steps for how to use it.
- Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery either on your Windows PC or Mac. It has separate versions for both Windows OS and macOS. After then, launch it.
- In the main window, select "Recover from iCloud". Log in with your iCloud account and the software will automatically display all the available iCloud backup files.
- Select the iCloud backup file which contains the target files. Click "Scan".
- Wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, select files to preview. When finding the target files, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Part 3. How to Recover App Data from an iCloud backup
Yes, all app data are saved to an iCloud backup. You can recover app data from an iCloud backup to your iPhone, iPad, and MacBook/iMac. However, since data doesn’t mean all readable files. And if you can’t get the complete App data, it doesn’t make any sense. In this case, my suggestion for recovering app data from an iCloud backup is by restoring devices with iCloud backup. You can check the above-mentioned how to Restore iPhone with an iCloud backup to learn the steps.
Part 4. How to Recover Data from iCloud to Android
Android is the competitor of Apple. There is no direct access to iCloud from the Android default system. In this case, to recover data from iCloud to Android, the best way is to log in to www.icloud.com to extract data from iCloud to your computer. After then, transfer the iCloud data to your Android device.
Part 5. Frequently Asked Questions for Data Recovery from iCloud
Q: Can data be recovered from iCloud?
A: Yes, data can be extracted from the iCloud account manually, extracted from iCloud backup with iBeesoft Data Recovery, and synced from iCloud to iPhone iPad, and Mac.
Q: How do I recover photos from iCloud not backed up?
A: If you haven’t backed up photos to iCloud, then there is no way to get pictures back from iCloud after deletion. The only possible way to recover permanently deleted photos from iPhone without backup is by scanning your iOS device directly with iOS recovery software, like iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery.
- Connect your iPhone/iPad where you have removed the photos with your computer.
- Launch the iOS data recovery software.
- Click "Recover from iOS Device" options
- Select your iOS device and click "Scan"
- Preview the found photos.
- Select needed ones and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Q: How to recover permanently deleted files from iCloud?
A: If you haven’t had iCloud backup, then there is no way to recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone or get back other files. If you have an iCloud backup, try iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to extract files from the iCloud backup files.
- Download and install iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery on your computer.
- Click "Recover from iCloud" and log in with your iCloud account.
- Select the a iCloud backup file and click "Scan".
- Preview the found files and select the wanted ones.
- Click "Recover" to save the recovered files to a new location.
Q: How to restore from iCloud backup without reset?
A: Yes, iCloud backup is very helpful. However, resetting with the iCloud backup will remove the existing files. To restore from iCloud backup without reset, the only option is using iBeesoft iPhone Data Recovery to extract iCloud backup, pick the needed files, and put them on your device.