An SSD or solid-state drive is a storage device like that of the internal hard drive. Nonetheless, the primary difference between the two hard drives is the absence of mechanical components. The devices use circuits and assemblies that act as a memory to store data. When compared with electromechanical drives, SSDs sustain physical shock to a specified limit. Because of this, SSDs run silently and are quicker to access. Semiconductor cells store the data in 1 and 4 bits. The properties change according to the number of bits present in each cell. Of the different configurations, single-bit cells (SLCs) are expensive for they are reliable, durable, and fast in accessing the data.
SSDs have a long life when compared with mechanical hard drives. However, there are situations where people misuse an SSD and lose their access to the drive. A physical shock exceeding the specified limit is an influential threat to any SSD. Furthermore, a fluctuation in power also calls for SSD data recovery. It is because of a short circuit that causes damage to the cells that store the data.
Nonetheless, there are crucial times that call for SSD recovery. The following are the vital points why one would seek data recovery from an existing SSD:
Even though the market is seeing an impressive development of programs that are helpful in recovering files from SSD, iBeesoft Data Recovery still leads the pack. The software is a valid path to SSD file recovery, which users can perform in a simplistic manner. The reason is that the company designed the program such that even a newbie can handle it with ease. The simple steps and clear instructions make it easy for any user to choose the file type, the location for recovering the data and retrieving the same.
The critical features that make iBeesoft unique unlike other SSD data recovery tools are:
a. Helps in recovery of files lost by pressing the "Delete" key, "Shift + Delete" keys, copy, cut, and moving data/folder
b. Recovering data lost by deleting the same without creating a backup
c. Emptying "Recycle Bin" without backing up the content
a. Restoring data from unexpectedly formatted SSD
b. Recover files from SSD from media that prompts "Media/Drive is not formatted"
c. Retrieving data from drives that are inaccessible
a. Recovery of data from SSD partition deleted mistakenly
b. SSD file recovery due to partition lost like hidden, cloning, repartitioning, and disk accident
a. Recovering data lost due to pulling the media without proper ejection or perform to the factory reset
b. RAW SSD recovery that displays file system as RAW
c. Recover SSD data lost due to virus attack, software crash, Windows reinstallation, and others
The steps detailed here helps users to recover deleted files from SSD without sweating. However, users must download and install the Window or Mac SSD data recovery software on a computer. The trial version of the iBeesoft program is available from the official website.
By default, the SSD file recovery application selects all the file formats that it can recover. However, users can choose a single file format or multiple formats, which are significant, and press the "Start" button.
After selecting the file format, this SSD recovery tool will ask you to choose the required location for scanning in the next window. To recover data from failed SSD, connecting that drive to the computer is vital. From the window, users can pick the desired SSD for scanning and press the "Scan" button to recover deleted files from SSD.
SSD drive recovery is a simple procedure for the software. The robust algorithm scans the selected partition and comes up with all the recoverable files. iBeesoft will display the entire information about the recoverable files in a new window. The window provides insight into the information in a simplistic manner.
For starters, users can browse the information using the tree directory present in the left pane of the window. One can choose how they want to see the data – path, type, or time. Based on this selection, the software will disclose the folders available for recovery. For instance, a user looking for photos can choose the "Pictures" folder. The tool will again display the different formats that it was able to recover. The user can again select a format such as jpg, BMP, or others. Upon choosing the same, iBeesoft will show the corresponding files in the center pane.
The center pane provides all the details. However, to view the content, clicking a file from the center is essential. By doing so, the program will show the content as a thumbnail to the right pane of the window. Using this, users can begin marking the essential files that they wish to recover from the SSD.
After marking the files, it is time to save them to an external storage location or a different partition of the SSD. Pressing the "Recover" button will complete this action. Also, users must mention the saving path, which they can browse using the available buttons in the pop-up window.
Note: iBeesoft undelete or unformat SSD utility is also providing a "Deep Scan" mode. The scanning technology is helpful for those who think there are more files in the selected partition. The scanning technology scans sector-by-sector, and hence, is a time-consuming process. Depending on the requirement, users can pick the mode and begin scanning the partition for retrieval of additional files.
Given that SSD is advantageous for use over the electromechanical hard drive, the chances are that it can bleed to death within a short period. The way it malfunctions changes from one individual to another. However, the following are the common factors that make any SSD a failure:
1. Data corruption is one of the common elements of the failure of SSD drive functionality.
2. Bad sectors, which arise due to mishandling of the drive, results in failure of the SSD. Mishandling here implicates how an individual is taking care of the drive. For instance, most of the cases arrive with the provision to hold SSDs. Placing the SSD correctly in its bay reduces shocks and prevents damage.
3. Virus attack causes damage to data and further results in malfunctioning of the SSD drive. A better way to prevent this is by choosing a leading anti-virus software. The software will monitor the activity of the computer continuously and prevents any malware or virus attack.
4. Apart from bad sectors, the reason for SSD failure includes the inappropriate transfer of data. The process corrupts the data, which in turn causes SSD failure. For instance, removing an external storage device such as a USB during the process of data transfer corrupts both the USB drive and the SSD. In a few cases, the chances are that such an activity damages the operating system.
5. A short circuit is another reason for SSD malfunction. Fluctuations in power supplied to the computer could lead to improper power input as needed for the SSD to perform at its optimum performance. Changing power and voltages cause severe damage to the components or the cells that hold the data in memory form.
6. The final reason for the failure of SSD is because of its age. People who are using an SSD for a long time would sense the change in the behavior during the data transfer. The speed and performance at which it functions reduce drastically and the need for a replacement arises immediately to ensure that the drive does not fail and there is data loss.