Raw USB Recovery: How to Recover Data from Raw USB Flash Drive
"I have a USB flash drive to save files and used for a long time. However, when I opened it today, there is no file at all. I checked the properties, it was 0MB with Raw file system. I did a search, it said it is a raw USB flash drive and denied access to files. There are so many important files. How to recover data from a raw USB drive?"
The apparent characteristic of raw USB drive is that you can’t access to files. When you open it, it is empty. Or a pop-up asked you "disk is not formatted. Do you want to format now?". and a message said "sector not found". Why the USB flash drive becomes raw? There are many reasons, like the USB flash drive is not formatted properly or correctly, it is infected with virus, etc. No matter how the USB drive become raw, you should learn how to restore data from raw USB drive first, and then fix raw USB flash drive to normal.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Files from Raw Flash Drive
- Part 2. How to Fix Raw USB Drive in 2 ways
Part 1. How to Recover Files from Raw Flash Drive
Please note that to prevent files on your raw USB flash drive losing, you’re supposed to stop using the USB flash drive right away. Only after you successfully recover data from a raw hard drive, you can use it again.
To get files back from raw USB flash drive, you need iBeesoft Data Recovery for help. It’s developed for users to find all kinds of file lost or deleted. You can’t do it manually since you can’t even access to the raw USB drive. Only with a professional data recovery software, you can retrieve files from raw USB drive effectively.
Your Effective Software for Recover Data from Raw USB Drive
- Recover files from raw USB drive very easy and simple: select file types > scan > preview and recover.
- This RAW drive recovery software support over 1000 file types, including videos, pictures, documents, audio files and more.
- Simple interface and great recoverability, it is developed for individuals to use. It can also help you recover files from corrupted flash drive.
Here in the following are the simple steps for how to use the undelete or unformat USB program to recover data from USB stick raw. Check out the details.
- Install the raw USB drive recovery software on computer
- Select file types you need
- Select the Raw USB Flash Drive to scan
- Get files back from raw USB flash drive
Whether you’re using a Windows PC or Mac, you can download the corresponding version for your computer by clicking the DOWNLOAD button below. After then, install the software on your computer. Next, connect the raw USB flash drive with your computer, making sure your computer can detect it and regard it as an external hard drive.
Launch the software. From the start-up window, it supported all file types. Please click "go to setting" to deselect the unwanted one.
You can see all listed disks, including the raw USB drive you connected with your computer. Please select the raw USB drive and click "Scan" to recover USB drive on Mac or Windows PC.
It takes a few minutes for the software to scan the raw USB flash drive. When it finished, you can see all found files from the raw USB drive. Select file type in the left panel and check out the details on the right side. When find the files you want to get from the raw USB drive, select them and click "Recover" to save them on your computer.
Do not put it back to the raw USB flash drive again, because you haven’t fixed the raw problem yet. Save the files to your computer.
Part 2. How to Fix Raw USB Drive in 2 ways
After recovering files from raw USB flash drive, you need to fix the USB drive now. Here are 2 ways you can try.
Method #1. Use Error Checking Tool
Computer built-in error checking tool can fix raw USB drive. You can try it with the following steps.
- Plug in the raw USB drive to your computer.
- Find the USB drive in "Computer" or "My Computer". Right-click on it and select Properties.
- Click Tools > Check.
- In the new pop-up, click "Scan and repair drive", letting the tool fix the raw USB drive for you.
Method #2. Format Raw USB Drive
If the first method does not work, try the second one. It’s the easiest way.
- Connect USB drive with computer and right click on it.
- Select Format > select the file system as NTFS, FAT32(Default) or exFAT.
- Click "Start" to convert RAW to NTFS or other file system.
Though you have learned how to recover data from raw USB drive with iBeesoft Data Recovery, you need to back up your USB drive important files regularly, either via iBeesoft Dbackup or do it manually. It helps you keep your files safe. Anyway, if files lost or inaccessible from the USB drive, you still need to use iBeesoft Data Recovery to recover them.