How to Recover Delete Photos from SD Card Using Android Phone
"How do I recover deleted pictures from my Android SD card?" There are many people asking similar questions as to how to recover deleted photos from SD card on Android phone. Here in the following, let’s learn the details for the questions.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card Using Android Phone
- Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Memory Card in Android Phone without Computer
- Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card on Android Phone for Free
- Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Android Phone SD Card Data Recovery
How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card on Android Phone? No matter how you lost or deleted photos from SD card, there are workarounds to recover deleted photos from memory card in Android phone. Here in the following, 3 ways for Android phone SD card recovery are covered. You can choose the right way according to your situation.
Part 1. How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card Using Android Phone
Let’s put the best and most efficient way to recover deleted photos from SD card in Android phone in the first place – using data recovery software. You know, all the deleted photos on the SD cards are not permanently deleted right away. They’re still there but facing the overwritten issue, which means when new data is created, then they’re replaced. In this case, before any new data is created, you have 2 steps to follow:
- Step 1 Stop using the memory card on your Android phone, even the Android phone.
- Step 2 use data recovery software to recover the deleted photos from the memory card of Android phone as soon as possible, preventing data loss issue.
As for the data recovery, you can download some over the internet. Here, I strongly recommend you try iBeesoft Data Recovery, a professional yet easy-to-use data recovery software, specially designed for users to recover data from SD Card in Android and tablets. Here are some of its main features.
Your Effective Software for Recover Photos from Memory Card in Android Phone
- Recover photos and pictures in almost all the commonly used file types from Android phone SD cards.
- It’s the solution for how to recover deleted photos from internal memory android without root
- Supports all the branded SD cards using in Android phones.
- Simple interface with simple expressions, letting users recover deleted photos from Android SD card easily. There is no jargon and parameters to set up at all.
- Streamlined Android SD card photo recovery process: scan Android phone memory card. preview and recover deleted photos on Mac or Windows PC.
Download the data recovery software for android phone internal memory to have a try! Below are simple steps for how to restore deleted pictures from SD card on an android phone in computer.
1. Connect your Android phone with your computer, making sure it is recognized as an external hard drive.
2. Download and install iBeesoft Data Recovery either on your Windows PC or Mac. There are separate versions for both Windows OS and macOS. Please get the right version.
3. Launch the Android SD card photo recovery software. In the first place, please keep Pictures selected and other file types deselected. By doing this, it will short the scanning process by only looking for deleted photos from SD card on Android phone and tablet. Click "Start".
4. In the next window, please select the SD card drive in the list and click "Scan". It means the software for undelete and unformat SD Card on Android Phone is going to scanning, looking for deleted photos there.
5. Wait for the scanning process to finish. After then, you can see all found photos. You can select and preview them. When finding the needed photos, click "Recover" to select a location on your computer to save them.
The default scanning mode is Quick Scan. If the Quick Scan does not find the target photos for you, please try the Deep Scan in the result window to scan the Android memory card again. It will find more deleted photos from SD card on Android phone for you.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Photos from Memory Card in Android Phone without Computer
Many people are asking whether is it possible to recover deleted photos from SD card in Android phone without computer/PC. To be honest, it depends. After deleting photos from the Android memory card, the deleted photos might be saved in the "Recently Deleted" fold temporarily. If you can hurry up before the Android OS remove them permanently, there is a chance to recover them.
Just tap to open the Photos app > find the "recently deleted" album > scroll down and find the deleted photos from Android SD card > select the needed photos and click "Restore" > after then, find the photos in the previous albums.
Part 3. How to Recover Deleted Photos from SD Card on Android Phone for Free
The way for how to recover deleted photos from SD card on android phone for free is using iBeesoft Free Data Recovery. It’s the freeware to recover deleted photos from Android phone memory card. It works only on Windows PC.
1. Connect your Android phone SD card with your computer and let it recognize as an external hard drive.s
2. Download and install iBeesoft Free Data Recovery on your Windows PC.
3. Launch the free data recovery and click "Start".
4. Select the Android SD card as the target hard drive to scan and click "Scan".
5. Preview the found photos and selected the needed one, clicking "Recover" to retrieve the deleted photos from SD card on Android phone.
Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions and Answers for Android Phone SD Card Data Recovery
Question 1. Why and How Photos Lost from SD Card on Android Phone
There are many reasons cause photos lost or deletion from SD card on Android phone. The following are the main causes.
- Intentional and unintentional deletion
- Factory reset of Android phone
- Virus attack
- Update Android phone
- Root Android phone failed
Question 2. How to Prevent Photos Lost from Memory Card on Android Phone
The best way to prevent photos lost from memory cards on Android phones is to back up the photos regularly. You can do the backup by copy-n-paste to an external hard drive or on the computer, or upload to Google Photos.
Question 3. Is there any data recovery app for Android phones to recover deleted photos from SD cards?
You can see some so-called data recovery app for Android phones to recover deleted files from SD cards. However, just think about the data overwritten issue. While you downloading and installing the app on your Android phone, it is very likely to erase the deleted photos from the SD card on your Android phone. After installing the app, you have to authorize it the full access to the Android phone SD card fully, which the Android operating system can’t give you at all.