How To Recover Deleted Files From Pen Drive Without/With Software
Pen drive is a must for data transferring and sharing for work and study. However, there are incidents that cause files deleted or lost from the pen drive. Here in the following, let’s learn how to recover deleted files from a pen drive without software as well as how to retrieve deleted files from pen drive with software.
Part 1. How Files Lost or Deleted from Pen Drive
There can be several reasons behind pen drive data deletion and loss. Some of the key reasons are mentioned below.
- You may have mistakenly deleted the file from your pen drive.
- You have a faulty flash driver that has corrupted your files.
- It can happen because of a connection issue.
- If you connect your pen drive to computers with different operating systems, a filesystem error can occur.
- You can lose your files due to a virus or malware attack.
- Many software has bugs with them, which can corrupt your pen drive.
- A hardware damage can delete your files from the flash drive.
- You have to format it due to a logical error.
Part 2. Things to consider to ensure the data recovery from your Pen drive
You need to remember a few things if you want to recover your deleted data from your pen drive on Mac/Windows PC.
- Whenever you discover that your data is deleted, stop using that Pen drive further as if you keep using that, the data will be overwritten.
- Don't try to defragment the pen drive
- Do not deep format the Pen drive after discovering that your files are deleted.
Part 3. How to recover deleted files from pen drive without Software
Until your data is overwritten, you can get them back by using several methods. Though it is always recommended to use data recovery software for this purpose, you can also recover files from pen drive without software. In this article, we will talk about both.
Method 1: Find your pen drive deleted file using CMD
You don't have to install any third-party tool on your system to restore deleted files from pen drive without software in this method. You can resume files by using CMD or the command prompt. It is an integral part of the Windows installation system, and you can use this by following the steps mentioned below.
- First, you have to connect your pen drive to your computer.
- Now, open the windows start menu and type cmd. Now, hit enter on your keyboard.
- You'll be able to see the windows command prompt. Here, you have to type "chkdsk E: /f". (Note- Replace the E with the letter assigned to your pen drive)
- As the final step, type "ATTRIB -H -R -S /S /D E:*.*". Hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Wait for some time, and the process will be completed. Once it is completed, you can now see your deleted data in the newly created folder on your pen drive.
If this method fails, you can also try the second method to recover files from pen drive free.
Method 2: Get deleted items back from Pen drive by previous version
You can use the restore previous version feature in order to get back all your deleted data from your pen drive. This feature is present on all latest OS versions of Windows, including Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11.
- Connect the flash drive to the PC using USB
- Go to the Start menu of your Windows and type "This pc". Hit enter on your keyboard.
- Now, right-click on your Pen drive and select properties.
- You will be able to go to the previous version tab.
- Go through the list of available recovery options.
- Select a previous version and click "restore".
Note: This will only work if you had enabled it before your files got deleted. If you can see "no previous versions available", you cannot retrieve deleted files from pen drive without software by using this method. But don't worry, you can still find the lost files in the following way.
How can I recover deleted files from my pen drive with software
The easiest way to restore files from your pen drive is using data recovery software. First, you have to install a undelete or unformat flash drive tool on your system that matches your preferences. Make sure to install a tool that is compatible with your system and can get data in the forms you want to.
Best Data Recovery Software – Retrieve Deleted Files from Pen Drive
iBeesoft Data Recovery is a professional file recovery program. It lets you recover all the files you wanted from a pen drive no matter how to files are lost. Here are some of its main features for it.
Your Safe & Effective Pen Drive Recovery Tool
- Supports almost all file types, covering all the videos, pictures, documents, emails, and more.
- It includes pre-recovery preview and file type filtering to assist you in recovering files from a pen drive on Mac or Windows.
- Retrieve lost files from pen drive on Mac or Windows, no matter they’re lost by deletion, formatting, virus attack, system errors, etc.
Follow the following steps to recover files from pen drive using a data recovery tool.
- First, you need to download and install iBeesoft data recovery software.
- Connect your pen drive with the computer.
- launch it and click go to setting to filter file types.
- Select your pen drive and click the "Scan" option.
- Preview the recoverable files you are willing to restore and click on the "Recover" button.
This process can take a few moments, and you have to keep patience. Your deleted files will now be restored in your Pendrive.
Part 4. Frequently Asked Questions for Pen Drive Data Recovery
Is it possible to recover overwritten files?
You almost cannot restore overwritten files from your Pendrive. That's why you have to stop using your Pendrive at that moment you discover that your data is lost.
Are there any ways to recover deleted files from pen drive free?
Yes, there are many data recovery software that you can use for free. Some of these open-source tool are:
- iBeesoft Free Data Recovery
- iCare data recovery
How to retrieve data from pen drive online?
Never believe any online pen drive recovery service is helpful to find lost files unless there are remote help. Only software installed on your local computer has permission to scan it and save recoverable files.
Getting lost data back is not that tough if you follow the right steps. Whether you restore files from pen drive without/with software, make sure to follow every step and have patience. Hope you have successfully found deleted items from the pen drive on Mac or Windows PC.