How to Recover Data from Damaged External Hard Drive
Did you put aside your External Hard drive for a week and now when you are trying to access the data files, it is showing an error? If yes, then you are in the right place. Having Troubles with external hard disk is quite a common problem. They are more prone to damage than any other storage media. But before we provide you with the solution to your problem, firstly we need to understand what can lead to this problem.
In the article, we will provide you with the proper instructions on how to recover data from the broken external hard drive. But at first, some factors causing the damage of the hard drive must be discussed.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. Reasons Why the External Hard Drive Gets Damaged
- Part 2. Best External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
- Part 3. How to Recover Files from Damaged External Hard Drive
- Part 4. Helpful Tips for External Hard Disk
Part 1. Reasons why the External Hard Drive gets damaged
The main reasons that could lead to damage to the External Hard disk are quite common and happen more often than you expected. The most common reasons are listed below:
- Improper operation of the storage device, i.e. wrong plugging in and plugging out of the drive without ejection.
- Existing corrupted file on the external hard drive.
- File system error.
- Unexpected Virus attack or harmful malware.
- Manufacturing defect in the drive.
- Overheating due to some environmental factors.
Part 2. Best External Hard Drive Data Recovery Software
When you lose your data, you firstly think of all the things that could help you get a proper recovery of all the data. It is also the same in the case of a damaged or broken External hard drive. You ultimately want to recover data from the broken external hard drive. And that’s why using the iBeesoft Data Recovery software is the best choice for you. It is a complete damaged external hard drive data recovery solution for all the problems that are faced by users regarding their data files. It is a powerful and reliable tool that will recover data from damaged external hard drive in a few simple steps.
Your Effective Damaged External Hard Drive Recovery Software
- It supports a different kind of storage media such as external hard drives, SD card, CF card, USB flash drive and others.
- It offers two different scanning options that enable the users to have a more effective recovery of their data files.
- The software is fully compatible with both Windows and Mac OS and hence you can use any of the systems to perform the external hard drive recovery, RAW drive recovery, deleted file recovery and formatted hard drive recovery.
- The users can recover different types of data files such as photos and videos, audio files, documents, archives and many more.
Now, we are going to further discuss the process that we have to carry out for recovery of the data using iBeesoft.
Part 3. How to Recover Files from Damaged External Hard Drive
You have to follow the proper instruction on how to recover data from broken external hard drive, to get the successful recovery of your drive:
Step 1. The first step to carry out is to visit the website and download the iBeesoft Data Recovery software for your system. Then, install the software on your system.
Step 2. Once you have installed the software, launch it and the main interface will open up. Connect the external hard drive with your computer via USB cable and make sure that it is properly inserted otherwise it won’t get detected by the software.
Step 3. Then, select the data type which you want to recover from the drive. The maximum chances are that different kinds of data files must be present on your drive so it’s better that you choose all the data types and then click on "Start" button.
Step 4. In the next window, you will be prompted to choose eth storage space from where you have to recover the data. Select the External Hard drive and then tap on the "Scan" button. It will scan all the files that were present on your drive and also sort them out according to their format.
Step 5. Select all the files that you want to recover from your damaged disk and then click on "Recover" button. you can also have a preview of the files to see if they are broken or not.
If all the files are not displayed in the scan then you also have an option of deep scan to find some more data files. Even if your hard drive is corrupted or broken you will be able to recover data from a broken external hard drive with the help of the iBeesoft.
Part 4. Helpful Tips for External Hard Disk
As we have discussed how to recover data from damaged external hard disk, it is also important that we provide you with some tips that would help you to avoid the damage in future. Some tips that can really help you to use your Hard Drive properly are mentioned below:
- Always buy the hard drive from an authentic seller or dealer. The most authentic providers of the hard drive include Seagate and West Digital. They offer high authenticity, security, and stability so that the data saved on the drive is completely protected.
- As the external hard drive is portable is it more prone to damage. Hence you must keep the drive safe and handle it properly.
- You must keep reliable Anti-Virus software that will protect your drive from malware attack or any virus when you use it on your computer.
- The last and most important tip to remember is that you keep a backup of all your files. It is better if you have another backup of your data files to prevent permanent loss of data files.
Now, you know, if you lose your data under any condition, using iBeesoft Data Recovery software is the ideal choice for you.