How to Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 7/10
How to Upgrade Windows 10, 7 to Windows 11 New OS releases? Windows 11 is now available for free, and if you're looking for how to upgrade to Windows 11 on 10 and 7 Older Versions Home, Pro, and Ultimate Edition, you've come to the right spot.
Users using Windows 7/10 can easily upgrade to Windows 11 and use the new exciting features that rolled out. In this guide, we will walk through how to update your previous version of Windows 10/ 10 pro/ 7 to the latest version of Microsoft Windows 11 Free Upgrade, as well as how to restore lost data in no time using a third-party tool. Let's have a look.
Upgrade your old version to Windows 11
Finally, the wait is over after several weeks of speculation. Microsoft has released a new update. This came to light after a few images of Windows 11 went viral before the debut, and the authorities then kept a launch date, i.e., June 24th, 2021. With this debut comes a slew of uncertainties and queries for users. In this post, we'll try to clear up as many questions as we can and make things easy for you. This time, there are significant modifications in the operating system, with new and exciting functions for consumers. Some of these include the ability to download and run Android apps on a PC, Microsoft Teams updates, modifications to the Start menu, and so on.
Features on Windows 11:
- Android apps: Android apps will be built seamlessly into Windows 11 via the new Microsoft Store, a long-awaited move for Windows users. Though you could access apps on your Windows 10 PC in some situations (for example, if you have a Samsung phone), Windows 11 is the first time you'll be able to download them directly onto your PC.
- Widgets: Widgets, an AI-powered customized feed that slides out to display your information, including news, weather, a glance at your calendar and to-do list, and your recent images, included in the UI in Windows 11.
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft's video chat platform is built directly into Windows 11, making it easier to use daily. You may use Teams to connect with people on Windows, Android, Mac, or iOS.
- Desktops Interface: Windows 11 makes it easier to create separate virtual desktops for different aspects of your life and personalize them with different backgrounds, allowing you to build a desktop for personal usage, work, education, gaming, or anything else, and effortlessly switch between them. This is comparable to the virtual desktop functionality in macOS.
- Snap Layouts: Windows 11 allows you to organize them in different layouts on a screen when you are working in a multitude of open windows and saves all of these windows.
Windows 11 System Requirements
When discussing the Windows 11 upgrade, it is critical to understand the prerequisites. Users' PCs/laptops must meet certain requirements to receive the Windows 11 update. You can learn more about them by scrolling below.
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster on a 64-bit processor
- RAM: 4 Gb or above
- Storage: 64 Gb or above
- TPM: TPM Version 2.0
- System Firmware: Secure Boot Capable, UEFI
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 with WDDM 2.0 driver
- Display: HD greater than 9″ diagonally, 8 bits per color channel
Now we have an idea about Windows 11, but the biggest question is how to upgrade to Windows 11. No worries, scroll down, and you know how to upgrade your Windows in a few easy steps.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1. How to Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11
- Part 2. How to Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10
- Part 3. How To Recover Lost Data after Windows 11 Upgrade
Part 1. Upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11
There may be several ways to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 11. But here, in this section, we'll talk about the easiest one. To do so:
Step 1: First, tap on the Start button and then the "Control Panel" button.
Step 2: On the Control Panel page, look for a section labeled "Windows Updates". When you click on that link, you will be directed to the Windows Update page.
Step 3: Now, from the Windows Update screen, click the "Check for Updates" button, and Windows will begin to look for the most recent updates.
Step 4: After Windows has finished searching for updates, simply click the "Install Updates" button to install all of them.
Step 5: Next, you will now see a list of updates. By selecting the conversation boxes, you can select and install any update.
Step 6: If you find Windows 11 Upgrade in the list, choose it and then tap Install updates. Once the process completes, restart your PC, and finally, your PC is upgraded to Windows 11.
Part 1. Upgrade to Windows 11 from Windows 10
The next section is on how to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 by using internal system settings instead of the official site. To do so:
Step 1: First, navigate to "Start Menu" and hit the "Settings" icon.
Step 2: Once you open control settings, you will see the Windows 10 settings page, then click on the "Updates and Security" option.
Step 3: The Windows update page will now appear. When you hit the Check for Updates option, Windows will begin searching for new updates.
Step 4: Windows will now provide a list of available updates, from which you can choose which to install.
Step 5: Examine the identified updates; if you notice the Windows 11 upgrade, choose it and click Download and Install.
That's all about how to upgrade to windows 11 on your laptop. But there are chances while upgrading your window; you might lose your important data due to any tech bug. So it's worth knowing the steps of how to recover lost data.
Part 3. How To Recover Lost Data after Windows 11 Upgrade
If you have just updated your windows and wondering if your essential data goes missing, and looking for a method to recover all your lost data, If yes, then look no further than iBeesoft data recovery software.
This tool helps you recover permanently deleted files that can recover most lost data from a hard drive and a memory card, USB device, or external hard drive. Furthermore, iBeesoft Data Recovery is a user-friendly piece of software. That is, even if you have limited related knowledge, you may recover permanently deleted files in Windows 11/10/8/7/XP effortlessly and independently.
Your Effective Data Recovery Software for Windows 11
- More than 500 file types are supported. It can fully recover deleted videos, documents, graphics, audio, archive files, and other items.
- The deleted file recovery software includes two scan modes that may comprehensively scan the storage device sector by sector to assure successful recovery.
- It works with recovered deleted data in Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server, and latest Windows 11.
Whatever causes the data loss, follow the three steps, and you are done recovering your essential data in no time. To do so:
Step 1: First, download and install the iBeesoft Data Recovery tool, and once done, launch the tool. After that, tap on the "Start" button to start recovering the deleted file types.
Step 2: Once you hit start, the next step is to select a location to find data. Just click on the square box shown below and tap on the "Scan" button.
Step 3: Finally, the tool starts doing a quick scan to look for the missing files. Further, it does a deep scan if any of the files are missed while doing a quick scan. Once you see the files, tap on the "Recover" button, and in no time, you have your lost files.
That's all about how to upgrade to Windows 11. Hopefully, now we are ready to explore the exciting features of the new OS. As we have mentioned, there are probabilities while upgrading, you can lose all your data, but no worries here we have provided the best tool that is ibeesoft data recovery which will help to recover all lost data, as it is user friendly and can recover your data in no time.