2 Ways for Mac Hard Drive Cleanup Quickly
Even today, you will find your Mac with a hard drive consisting of less storage space. You can free up space on Mac hard drive using two different ways. However, only one is efficient and worth the hassle – using iBeesoft iCleaner. You can perform automatic clean-up of the hard drive whenever required. The other process requires you to empty files manually. Download the iBeesoft iClear or follow the manual guides below to learn how to make Mac hard drive cleanup.Free Download
Every computer has junk files, unwanted applications, documents, pictures, videos, and more. Unwanted files accumulated over time, occupying too much of your hard drive on Mac, which results in computer slows down, files deleted by macOS for the shortage of the storages, and what’s worse, Mac even stops working sometimes. That’s the reason why need to clear hard drive space on Mac. Check out the ways mentioned in the following 2 parts.
Part 1: All-in-one Solution to Delete Unwanted Files to Free up Space on Mac Hard Drive
Mac hard drive cleanup provides you the chance to improve the performance of the system. The procedure involves removing old and unwanted files. Manual operation is a tedious procedure, and you often tend to leave it I between or delete useful files. With iBeesoft iCleaner for Mac, you can choose what to remove and what to keep while safeguarding other data in the hard drive. The significant advantage of using the tool is its ability to recognize different types of junk stored on the computer.
Your Safe & Effective Mac Hard Drive Cleanup Software
- Uses the latest technology to identify junk files. Helps in locating system junk, assists in identifying application junk, displaying user junk, temporary files, mail attachments, indexing files, bash history, and other junk files
- The program can improve the way you clear hard drive space Mac. You can identify unwanted files and junk with ease and erase them using a single button. It will help in gaining space and improving performance.
How to use iBeesoft iCleaner to clear mac hard drive space
You can proceed with the MacBook hard drive cleanup procedure only after downloading and installing the trial version of the software. Visit the website, download, and follow instructions to complete the installation.
- Install the Mac clear software and analysis file types
- Scan and Review Mac hard drive junk files
- Cleaning hard drive junk on Mac
Launching the software is simple – click the icon from the desktop. The program displays the primary screen showing the different junk files that it can collect and display. Click the "Start Analyze" button to begin the free up space on Mac disk procedure.
The program begins scanning for the junk files on your MacBook or other machines. The time to complete the action depends on the size of the hard drive and the amount of junk data present. After completion, you will see the memory that you can free. Use this for Mac clear hard drive space. The software also shows you the details of the files present within each of the categories. You can view them by clicking the junk file type. For instance, you can click the "Downloads Folder" to see all the downloaded files.
You can select all the junk files after reviewing the contents or pick only a particular junk file type. Press the “Clean Junk” button to allow the software to erase unwanted data from the Mac. After completion, you will have space to store additional files and also an improvement in system performance.
Part 2: How to Clear Hard Drive Space on Mac Manually
1. Removing Duplicate Files
Clear Mac hard drive space by removing duplicate files stored deep within the system. You can do this by using the Smart Folder option in Finder. Follow the steps below:
- Open the Finder app. Navigate to "New Smart Folder" under the "File" option.
- Click the "+" button and search for photos, documents, music, and other files.
- Go through the duplicate files carefully and delete them.
2. Emptying Trash Can
The Trash Can is similar to Recycle Bin on Windows. When you delete a file, the system sends them to Trash Can. If you change your mind, you can restore the files. You can remove the files permanently to save space if you do not want the files restored. Follow the steps below for permanent deletion:
- Click the Trash Can icon from the dock. Choose the "Empty Trash" option.
- Press "Empty Trash" from the warning window to delete all the files permanently.
Remember that you cannot undo this action. Alternatively, you can press Command + Shift + Delete keys together.
3. Uninstall Unwanted and Unused Applications
Any unwanted apps installed and those you no longer use are occupying space. Uninstalling them will be an excellent way to free space. Follow the steps to remove the apps:
- Open Finder on your Mac. Click Applications on the left list
- Scroll through the programs and select the one that you want to uninstall. Then, select the program’s icon. Click File to open the drop-down menu. Next, click Move to Trash from the menu.
- Click and hold the Trash Can icon from the dock.
- Click the Empty Trash option. It will remove the application or applications from the MacBook.
4. Cleaning iTunes Backup Files
It is natural to backup iPhone and iPad from time-to-time. However, storing all the backup files will eat up space. A better way is to remove unwanted backup files and retain only the recent data. Follow the steps to remove old backup files:
- Open the Finder application by clicking the icon from the dock. From the left side of the window, browse to your iPad or iPhone.
- Now, click Manage Backups option. From the available list, choose the backup file that you want to delete.
- Press the Delete Backup button. Once again, click the Delete option to remove the data from the Mac.
5. Removing Language Files from Mac
You can remove smaller and unwanted files from Mac to free up space. Language files occupy decent space, and removing them is a good option. Follow the steps to remove them:
- Open the Resources folder. Under this, search for folders ending with ".lproj".
- Remove all the language folders that you do not speak by moving them to the trash can.
- You can empty the trash can to remove the files permanently from your MacBook.
See the guides above? It’s not hard to clear hard drive space on Mac at all if you know the useful tool iBeesoft iClear and how to do the cleanup manually. It’s your option for how to do Mac hard drive cleanup.