How to Clean Junk Files on Mac
It’s not hard to clean junk files on Mac at all. You can download iBeesoft iClear for Mac, letting it remove junk files comprehensively. It is able to scan your Mac, listing the junk files for you, letting you clean Mac system junk, log, cache, temporary files, and more. Of course, you can do it manually, but it takes time and energy.Free Download
Junk files are unwanted and useless files that keep appearing and disappearing on Mac computers time after time. So the best thing to do is – clean junk files on Mac completely. The most important reason why we need to remove junk files from Mac is, junk files slow down your Mac. Also, they take up unnecessary storage that can be used for keeping important files. These files will cause a lot of trouble in your Mac if you don’t remove system junk on Mac regularly.
There are many file types that belong to junk files that include app junk files, Mac software installer, Language files, System log files, System cache files, Broken login items, mail attachments, Leftovers, iOS photo cache, User downloads, iOS software updates, Xcode derived data, iTunes backups, iOS apps, iTunes broken downloads, iTunes cache, Old app updates, Xcode iOS logs, Mac localization files, etc. So if your Mac has this type of junk files that are slowing your Mac down, then this article will help you learn how to remove junk files from Mac.
- Quick Navigation
- Part 1: Comprehensive and Most Efficient Way to Clean Junk Files on Mac
- Part 2: How to Clean Junk Files on Mac Manually
Part 1: Comprehensive and Most Efficient Way to Clean Junk Files on Mac
The most important fact is it takes time and energy to clean junk files on Mac manually. Instead of that, using software to do the task is more efficient. In that case, we recommend iBeesoft iCleaner as the best software to clean junk files on Mac. This Mac junk cleaner can do things that many software clearly fail to do. It can clean up Mac hard drives, speed up the performance of your Mac and remove junk files from Mac anytime you want. It will save hours of your time that you would have spent going through the folders and files. It’s literally the best and most powerful cleaner on Mac.
Your Safe & Effective Clean Junk File Mac Software
- It’s integrated with the latest technology to clean various junk files on Mac. It has a very simple user interface that can be handled by anyone.
- It can clean many junk file categories that include system/application/user junk, cache files, temp data, and more.
- It’s not only a Mac junk cleanup tool; it can maintain your Mac to keep the best performance all the time. This will help your Mac stay at top speed performance over time.
- It cleans the junk files and protects your privacy by any means necessary.
Step-by-Step Guide for How to Use iBeesoft iCleaner to Remove Junk Files from Mac
- Analyze Junk Files
- Check Junk File Types and Details
- Clean Junk Files on Mac
First, you can download and install the program on your Mac. Then start the program to get the home interface. Click on the "Start Analyze" button to analyze the junk files on your Mac.
When the scan is completed, the program will list the junk file types and how much space they are taking on your Mac. You can click on the junk file icons to select them or click on the text beside the icons to see the details.
Finally, click on the "Clean Junk" button to remove junk files from Mac.
Part 2: How to Clean Junk Files on Mac Manually
It’s really time-consuming for you to go through files and folders to clean my Mac system junk. So the best way to clean junk files on Mac is by using powerful software as we mentioned in Part 1. For this process, you need to be very careful not to make any mistakes. Still, here is how to remove each type of junk file respectively, and manually on Mac. The covered file types that we are going to clean manually include: caches, user log files, system logs, etc.
Remove Cache and Temporary Files
- First you need to stop all the active apps and click on the Finder option. Then you need to select Go and then choose Go to Folder.
- After that type "?/library/caches" in your keyboard and tap the Enter button to get inside the junkies folder.
- Now on this page, you will see various files and folders that are totally useless cache data. You can select all the files and press the delete button.
- If you want to make sure they are out of your hard disk, go to the Trash can and remove the files from there as well. Now restart the Mac to apply the changes.
- Next, again you need to open the Finder menu, but this time you need to type "/library/cache" to erase the system cache files on your Mac.
Remove Log Files
- First you need to go to the Finder menu and then select the Go option and then Go to Folder option. Next, you need to type in "?/library/logs" in your keyboard and then press the Enter button. This will open the logs folder.
- Select all the log files and delete them from the system because these are useless log files.
- If you want to make sure that they are deleted properly, you need to delete all the files from the Trash can also.
At the end of this article, you have already gained knowledge on how to clean junk files on Mac by using the best Mac junk cleaner on the internet and how to do it manually. There is no doubt about what iBeesoft iCleaner can do regarding remove junk files from the Mac issue. So if you want to try out a manual way or any other tools, we would simply request you not to waste your time. Start using iCleaner and help yourself now!